Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Cant decide between DB9 and Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:14 PM
liljfromia is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Cant decide between DB9 and Vantage

Hey guys,

Im really torn between an 07 vantage or an 05 or 06 DB9, ive seen a bunch listed for around low 70s to low 80s. Any advice? I need something reliable but cant decide between the 2 sexy beasts.

Also, if anyone has any info regarding what these are going for at Manheim, I would be greatly appeciative.

Thanks Again,

Jay

Old 04-29-2009, 11:59 PM
XXXAngelXXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
its easy:

V8 Vantage = a racer

DB9 = a GT with 4 seats......

Old 04-30-2009, 04:29 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XXXAngelXXX
its easy:

V8 Vantage = a racer

DB9 = a GT with 4 seats......
JMO but I don't consider the Vantage a "racer" nor are the "other 2" seats in a DB9 usable. Drive both and you'll have your answer ...

Old 04-30-2009, 06:12 AM
jmorod is on a distinguished road
I made the exact same decision recently going with an 05 DB9. I would be selling my 06 Carrera S to get the AM. Having driven both the DB9 and Vantage extensively, my feeling was if I wanted more of a sports car I would have kept my Porsche. Both AM's are awesome, but what killed the Vantage was me driving my friends home one day, and the neighbors teen age daughter asked "what kind of car is that? It's cute." Ouch...decision made

Old 04-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Vantage ... teen age girls think they are cute ... slightly older girls get naked in them !!!

Old 04-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Ive driven both, i really liked the tightness of the vantage but it does still have that "cuteness" factor simply because of its size. But ive seen a couple white ones which look agressive as hell, but they are almost impossible to find excpet 09s. I love the DB9, i am just hesitant about pulling the trigger because Id be going to an '05 to get into the v12. Anyone have any significant problems with the 05s?

Also, any info on what these are going for at manheim?

Thanks.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:02 AM
XXXAngelXXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Red Devil
JMO but I don't consider the Vantage a "racer"
I think you need a ride on the *Ring* with me in a Vantage......

or in my DBS..........

Old 04-30-2009, 11:59 AM
izzy025 is on a distinguished road
Db9

I just bought a 05' db9 for about 75, with 14 trade in on my 03 350z nissan. (overall great deal)

i had the car inspected (the AM 140 pt inspection by a independent aston martin dealership, they said the car was in pristine shape minus some routine service issues, tires brake pads and some oil changes etc etc, the seller covered all those expenses as well. I purchased the AM 2 yr ext preowned warranty with upgrade basically almost like the bumper to bumper warranty (6500) for a new one vs the simple preowned warranty which only covers catastrophic breakdowns(can only be purchased if car passes the 140 pt inspection).

The db9 is raw power, i've driven the vantage and it has alot of pep, but in my opinion the db9 is simply a step above. The only thing i did not like in the 05's compared to the newer ones (db9's) was the audio panel, the new setup of ***** etc etc for radio nav is much nicer and seems more user friendly along with cup holderrs in the middle armrest and a ipod connection, but i wasn't in the market for an 08-09'.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks izzy. I really appreciate the input. I feel pretty much the same way between the two. The newer setup does look good, but for the extra cash btwn an 08 or 09, ill 'deal" with the older setup. haha. How many miles were on it for 75? That def seems like a good deal, especially on your trade in. Also, what did the inspection run?

Thanks alot.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:39 PM
izzy025 is on a distinguished road
The inspection was about 3 hrs, the dealership charges 149/hr so roughly 450 with a complete detailed report, don't settle for the routine buyer inspection have the 140 pt inspection, one thing noted was the transmission line developed a small leak. the AM mechanic told me that is routine and common on vehicles that have not been used in a while.

the deal i had setup was that the vehicle had to pass the 140 pt inspection otherwise no deal, so the selling dealership (www.thechicagotoystore.com) took care of all repairs/service issues so the car would be warrantied.

i debated purchasing off the shelf non-delaer extended warranties, but after speaking to others i felt that having a AM preowned upgrade warranty was the way to go, just felt that the manufacturer will be easier to deal with vs 3rd party approvals etc etc.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 PM
izzy- thanks alot. youve been a great help!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XXXAngelXXX
I think you need a ride on the *Ring* with me in a Vantage......

or in my DBS..........
Not dissing AM's, I own one. They are more sports car than most people think, but I guess we'll agree to disagree on a definition of "racer".
Mine: GT3 RS, ZR-1, GTR SpecV, Scud, etc.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Falken is on a distinguished road
I'd go DB9 all the way. I'd get a vantage for the wife though

Old 05-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jmorod
I made the exact same decision recently going with an 05 DB9. I would be selling my 06 Carrera S to get the AM. Having driven both the DB9 and Vantage extensively, my feeling was if I wanted more of a sports car I would have kept my Porsche. Both AM's are awesome, but what killed the Vantage was me driving my friends home one day, and the neighbors teen age daughter asked "what kind of car is that? It's cute." Ouch...decision made
Cute???? Dunno about that - depends on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywXrG...A82AE2&index=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5V0a...A82AE2&index=9

Old 05-02-2009, 08:55 PM
jmorod is on a distinguished road
There isn't anything cute about 'that' Vantage in the videos. Sounds great! That would definitely be a much tougher decision...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cant decide between DB9 and Vantage