Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Not Starting?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:39 AM
ccrispy will become famous soon enough
Not Starting?

I have a 2007 V8 Vantage & sometimes it does'nt want to start, it always ends up starting but it gives me trouble it will just turn over & over, then eventually it starts. I brought the car to the dealership to see if they where able to diagnose it but as always it just started no problem for the service advisor... Also my car groans from the back at low speeds & thats another issue that does'nt happen while at the dealership.

The car drives perfect no warnings nothing, so if anyone has had these same issues can you please give me feedback it will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:59 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
trying to press the yellow button behind the passenger seat to reset your Aston

Old 02-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by vince_1972
trying to press the yellow button behind the passenger seat to reset your Aston
Your English was fine thanks for the response.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ccrispy
I have a 2007 V8 Vantage & sometimes it does'nt want to start, it always ends up starting but it gives me trouble it will just turn over & over, then eventually it starts. I brought the car to the dealership to see if they where able to diagnose it but as always it just started no problem for the service advisor... Also my car groans from the back at low speeds & thats another issue that does'nt happen while at the dealership.

The car drives perfect no warnings nothing, so if anyone has had these same issues can you please give me feedback it will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Do you mean something like this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88mD3YpU83g

Old 02-01-2011, 08:11 PM
astondude is on a distinguished road
Could be dirty injectors or weak battery. Try putting a bottle of concentrated injector cleaner when fuel level is low and rev it hard a few times to flush out any dirt and carbon. You didn't mention how many miles on the car. Also try to trickle charge your battery if you have not done so.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:34 PM
No

No I wish... It sounds like that but it will turnn over & over I stop after like 60 seconds because I dont want to kill the battery or something, then it starts after maybe three or four times & when it starts the RPM's will catch & be really low than go to a normal level.. It doesnt do it all the time but it does it enough to be an issue...

Originally Posted by gekko
Do you mean something like this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88mD3YpU83g

Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Milage

the car has 25,000 I purchased it with 7000 on it..I will try the injector cleaner..
Thanks

Originally Posted by astondude
Could be dirty injectors or weak battery. Try putting a bottle of concentrated injector cleaner when fuel level is low and rev it hard a few times to flush out any dirt and carbon. You didn't mention how many miles on the car. Also try to trickle charge your battery if you have not done so.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Is that what those buttons are for on the side of the passenger & drivers headrest?
________
BrunetteKiss cam

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:21 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Is that what those buttons are for on the side of the passenger & drivers headrest?
Must be. I press mine 2-3 times a week and I've never had a problem starting the car.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Lol

LMAO your not right!

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
Must be. I press mine 2-3 times a week and I've never had a problem starting the car.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by ccrispy
No I wish... It sounds like that but it will turnn over & over I stop after like 60 seconds because I dont want to kill the battery or something, then it starts after maybe three or four times & when it starts the RPM's will catch & be really low than go to a normal level.. It doesnt do it all the time but it does it enough to be an issue...

The above video is what was happening to my car, it would always start, but struggle, almost sound like it was about to stall. AND of coarse every time it was at the dealer, "Could not replicate customer's complaint" was the result after 4 visits. Battery was fine & everything also check out fine.

I tried different fuel, injector cleaners, a battery reset = nothing changed.

Then a few weeks later, when I had the time, tried a different approach with VERY spirited driving for 4 nights in a row - after that my car never had the issue again, really not sure what fixed the problem . . but was reaaal good fun fixing it

Old 02-02-2011, 02:28 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
my car had the same issue you showed in the video long time ago and the dealer told me to wait until the power beauty soul logo show up and then fire the ingine. since then i never had that problem

Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by RPVantage
my car had the same issue you showed in the video long time ago and the dealer told me to wait until the power beauty soul logo show up and then fire the ingine. since then i never had that problem
Hi - I also tried that fix (I know in the video, I jumped the gun) didn't seem to make a difference (in my case) I was convinced my older car was cursed!! - it had every single problem that affect Astons with the exception of the 'passenger door locking issue'.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Holson is on a distinguished road
I had the limp start issue a few times. It might have been coincidental but it never did it whenever I had the active exhaust fuse (13??) plugged in. From that point on, I happily lived with the quieter exhaust but no limp start.

Waiting for the Power, Beauty and Soul to finish did not help...

Old 02-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gekko
The above video is what was happening to my car, it would always start, but struggle, almost sound like it was about to stall. AND of coarse every time it was at the dealer, "Could not replicate customer's complaint" was the result after 4 visits. Battery was fine & everything also check out fine.

I tried different fuel, injector cleaners, a battery reset = nothing changed.

Then a few weeks later, when I had the time, tried a different approach with VERY spirited driving for 4 nights in a row - after that my car never had the issue again, really not sure what fixed the problem . . but was reaaal good fun fixing it
Ahhhh the good old "Italian Tune-up"