Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Interesting DBS 'Stuff'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting DBS 'Stuff'

Found out that my 'new' DBS was a European delivery, with the pre-purchase inspection performed by Aston's Gaydon 'Press Garage' and then the first service @ 2.5K miles/2 months performed by ‘Fleet Operations’, also at Gaydon. Got to believe they picked up every little nit by the original owner. The car was then shipped to the US dealer through which the car was ordered.

I called the selling dealer and they told me that the original owner had dropped off some 'stuff' after having traded the car in to them when the owner ordered a new AM Racing Green DBS Volante, and that he was glad I called and would send the stuff to me.

Any way, I opened the package a couple of days later and found 3 keys (sapphire, plastic, emergency) to go with the sapphire and plastic ones I received with the car, a GPS car tracking system 'key card' (but only active in Europe), and a hard cover DBS brochure with a personally signed note by Dr. Bez, to the original owner, on the inside front cover. On the back inside cover, everyone who had a hand in building this particular DBS also signed it. And maybe best of all, a series of high-rez photos taken during the car build process (96 photos in all).

Apparently, the original owner buys lots of Astons and is well known to the factory. The original spec CF and silver trim in the car was replaced with the gloss wood you see in the photos during the build process. When the dash was built, you see the silver trim in place, but later when the dash is installed, you can see the trim has been replaced with wood. I guess the original owner didn't particularly like the trim and asked AM for something different, which they completed while the car was working its way down the assembly line.

All in all, a pretty interesting provenance for this car. Check out the photo of the car in the final inspection area. Very ‘artsy’ looking.

Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2011, 10:03 PM
bigken620 is on a distinguished road
That's gotta be an awesome feeling! Congrats again on the DBS!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
That's really cool. I'd especially like to have photos of my car being built. Congrats!

Old 06-30-2011, 07:14 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
That's really cool. I'd especially like to have photos of my car being built. Congrats!
It almost seems like the car was built for me (almost) what with the photos and the signed brochure. The only thing is that the various build boxes in which the cut leather pieces are placed ready for sewing have the original owner's name on them: "VIP XXX XXXXXX"

I guess I'll just have to photoshop them and replace his name with mine...

Old 06-30-2011, 07:18 AM
If anyone is interested, I'll post a few photos of the car being painted or any other steps you might like to see. Just pipe up.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:48 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
If anyone is interested, I'll post a few photos of the car being painted or any other steps you might like to see. Just pipe up.
very cool! please post some pics!

Old 06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Sounds awesome and certainly adds to the allure of your new toy. I too would be interested in seeing the pics!

Old 06-30-2011, 03:34 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Wow, that must have been a very nice surprise!

Yes, yes post some pictures. We all want to see how these rolling beauties are created.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:29 PM
sgt d is on a distinguished road
i love that color however i am partial to anything close to od green, looks great and congrats.

forgive my ignorance but what is on the front bumper sitting a bit off of center?

Last edited by sgt d; 06-30-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Originally Posted by sgt d
i love that color however i am partial to anything close to od green, looks great and congrats.

forgive my ignorance but what is on the front bumper sitting a bit off of center?
Tow hook thread boss (all of the new-era Astons have 'em).

Last edited by XJRS Owner; 07-01-2011 at 04:42 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-01-2011, 05:22 AM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
Very green, very artsy, very cool!

Throw up a few more pics....