Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

200 Cell Cats, RSC filter & new exhaust (Milltek)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:53 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
200 Cell Cats, RSC filter & new exhaust (Milltek)

Just say'in...
Wow, what a huge seat-of-the-pants difference these three modifications have made in the performance of my 07 V8V. First the 200 Cell Cats followed by the rear box with X pipe and finishing with the RSC filters. At every up-grade stage, the engine pulled stronger, revved better, breathed easier. I'm really happy how the car performs now. Really.

Last edited by AXARUNNER; 03-09-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 PM
ZANNIS will become famous soon enough
Congrats and enjoy it!!! Post a video please thanks!!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Yes, a video

Congrats!

Old 03-11-2012, 12:03 PM
ewu64 is on a distinguished road
Axarunner:

It seems that you changed the cats before everything else... Can you describe how was the sound of the exhaust with the 220 cell cats and the stock mufflers??? I want to change the cats "only" and leave the stock mufflers but, I am wondering how it is going to sound...

Thank you.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I did cats and left the OEM muffler on my V8V. The cats really turn up the volume. I got used to it, but it was a bit louder than I'd want to go again.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
I did the same, I have the rsc 200 cats and filter with the stock muffler. I find that there is a much throatier growl at low RPM than before, starting at about 2000. Around 4000 things are much more pronounced as well. It's funny to hear the filter intake wine with the top down, you can really hear the rush of air at high throttle. Best part is that when the wife is in the car she has no idea, at low throttle and rpm, there is no loud noises. I highly reccomend the cats and filter. I had mine installed at autoscope in downtown Dallas, great shop, good guys amd many other AM guys have gone there for their after market mods.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
With just the 200 cell cats installed the sound was marginally louder than stock except after 4000 RPM where all hell broke loose. Very NASCAR. With the Miltek exhausts the sounds the car makes are more mellow and with the added benefit of snarls pops and the occasional backfire which adds to the overall entertainment. This comes at a price of moderate droning at highway speeds. I'm now considering a different rear exhaust now (RPI). The car did perform marginally better with the less restrictive and lighter Miltek exhaust installed.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:31 PM
ewu64 is on a distinguished road
Guys, what I am trying to achieve is to keep the basic "tone" of the OEM sound of the car (w/o fuse 22). By installing the cats and keeping the OEM mufflers, the sound will become louder; that I know, but the tone will change...??? to raspier, growlier, bassy, metallic, ...???
Of course, if somebody had a sound clip or video it'd be much better

Old 03-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't recall the "tone" of the exhaust changing. I am not a big fan of the original "tone" of the original exhaust though.