Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Which wheel nuance would you choose?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Supeermen GT3 is on a distinguished road
Anything coming out of you guys seems rather interesting. What does this concave depth here actually mean?

Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 AM
bmw tuning is on a distinguished road
well have the new shoes been put on?

Old 10-10-2012, 01:44 AM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
Indeed, and have been on for about amonth. My apologies- I owe all of you who gave opinion & input some pictures, and I'll post this weekend.

I did go with PSS tires as well, and my, the difference is dramatic. Maybe it's the extra width (which looks fantastic), and maybe it's the tire...and likely a combination. Smoother, more quiet, much much softer feel (even with less wall) versus the recommended AM Bridgestones.

Illogically, (and I do recognize the stupidity of the following sentences) I actually miss the "squirrely" feeling of the original tires. Now knowing the difference, I miss having to pay as much attention with spirited driving. Clearly the performance is better with the better tires, but the driving experience has been slightly muted as well. I would never go back, but a part of me misses the extra input previosuly required of me as the driver. That being said, the better tires will better protect me from wrapping it around a telephone pole, which is probably a good thing.

The wheels came out just amazing, and I couldn't be more thrilled. They're attracting more positive attention to the overall car, and completely change the mood to be more aggressive yet still classy. Can't wait to share!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Congrats! Roti's are nice wheels! Glad to be able to have helped, now get those pics up!

Old 10-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Pictures....

Here's the Orig Wheel pic for comparison:

Went with MHT- Niche Targa, 20 inch

Loved Rotiform, but went for the smooth vs angular.
Really like the spokes smooth to AM center cap with bolts not part of spokes. Decided on Black Gloss shadow to hide bolts for cleaner look, and black rim for aggressive look with focus to brushed chrome spokes.
Goal: accentuate black paint/chrome trim of vehicle & better complete look of car without taking away focus. Wanted more & different than some of the more popular ADV-HRE-esque without adding too much for an unclassy bling....again to complement artistry of the car.

10.5 rear, 9 inch front definitely fill the wheel wells better for a much more aggressive stance. Attached front & rear views:

Attached Images      

Last edited by mfrankel; 10-15-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:21 AM
Notice the concavity (or lack thereof) on the front. This type of wheel design accentuates as best as possible for a 9 inch wheel, but the DB9 does not lend itself as well to concavity as some of the mock ups suggest. Attached front & rear concavity images.

Attached Images      

Last edited by mfrankel; 10-15-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
mikes300 is on a distinguished road
looks awesome! I cant wait to get my new wheels, I was wondering how its going to look without being lowered, looks good to me!! nice choice too

Old 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Looks nice! In fact looks alot like the Giovanna monza Im thinking of putting on my Maserati Granturismo. Im doing 22" staggered w/ graphite centers and polished lips though. Congrats nothing more satisfying than lowering the car down off a lift w/ some new shoes.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 PM
SlideFox is on a distinguished road
Not my cup of tea. Enjoy though!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:28 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
[QUOTE=One@D2Forged;3543648]Maybe go with something completely different, like this! It is called Titanium Graphite, we can always drop or raise the shade a bit if you prefer it.

After reading this thread, I really liked the D2 Forged MB1 and ordered a set from Vivid Racing. While waiting for the wheels to arrive, I ended up trading in the Aston for a F430. The guys at D2 were great and allowed me to change my order even though the wheels had already started production.

I went with an asymmetric setup- 20" in the back and 19" in the front. Matte titanium finish with a machined lip.

I love how the wheels turned out and would highly recommend Vivid and D2.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
How great to see you here! I'm in for some more pics as well! Will you be lowering it a bit more later?