Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Pothole damage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Pothole damage

Just found out that I have a busted damper and possibly a damaged ball joint from running over a pothole. Has anyone had any experience with billing the city for the damage? If so, please chime in--I haven't a clue how to begin. I know it's probably a futile attempt, but if all it costs me is a little time and effort it would be worth a try.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:50 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
In the uk it is a case of taking pictures of the fault that cased it and presenting them along with the repair bill as a compensation claim

Old 05-16-2012, 10:10 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
The uk is quite nice then... Good luck with that in the USA especially with the economy and federal, state, and local/municipality spending cuts (part of the reason those potholes don't get repaired incidentally) anyone would be hard pressed to get a claim refund... Keep is posted as to how this goes, state to state or city law may dictate response differently in each case.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
In a lot of places in the US, the only chance you even have is if the pothole was reported and not fixed in a "reasonable" amount of time. The specifics and how long is "reasonable" will vary state to state.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
In a lot of places in the US, the only chance you even have is if the pothole was reported and not fixed in a "reasonable" amount of time. The specifics and how long is "reasonable" will vary state to state.
Yeah, I did a bit more research, and it seems like a waste of time.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
claim against your own insurance company

Old 05-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by djantlive
claim against your own insurance company
Wouldn't I need to have filed at the time? It happened several weeks ago, but the damage only really became noticeable recently. Of course, then there's the possibility of a rate increase.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ no you can file it after the fact. If you have a pic of the delinquint pothole that would help. Dunno aboiut your rate increase, I don't think it would since it's unvoluntary and non-liability. What is your Ins Co? each one varies. also depends on length of time you've been with them, your record, history of incidents, and policy coverage in general.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 AM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brumma
Wouldn't I need to have filed at the time? It happened several weeks ago, but the damage only really became noticeable recently. Of course, then there's the possibility of a rate increase.
It's not a wreck - so would it really matter if you fudged the accident date a bit Got to AM or an indy shop and see what it costs to fix, compare that to your deductible and anticipated rate increases and then make a decision.