Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBS Power Packges

Old 06-29-2012, 04:19 AM
ahmadxbr is on a distinguished road
DBS Power Packges

Hi guys how are you?

Do you guys know if any tuning firm or even an individual who has tuned a DBS? For me 500hp in a car this heavy is not acceptable. I want 750-850hp. I have seen twin supercharger kit like the ESS kits from BMW which are centrifugal but I was wondering if there is a twin screw type like Kenne Bell and Whipple and AMG style which give instant boost. I realize this all needs the engine to be built but I have access to good shops here and we do crazy builds so this is no problem. I was also wondering what the highest NA power for this is and if there is potential for stroking the motor or even boring it.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Nobody has S/C'd V12 as of yet..or at least made it public. There is no kits for the V12 for turbo nor S/C on the market for sale. You can bore and stroke out the V12, take a look at the One-77..it's punched and stroked to 7.0L, if your in contact with these crazy shops you talk about, they would be more than able to rig a twin turbo kit for your application, either in replace of the headers or downstream cats, or even as a remote system of in replace of the rear muffler.

By then you will need to tune the vehicle for this application, but to get there on NA power to your goal of 700-850hp, it's possible but I don't think it would be a great street ride, and it would be costly..If I was to do this and use for the street/track/strip, I'd go the route of forced forced induction and do a bullet build-up to keep power reliable.

Good luck on the build, keep us posted!!

Old 06-29-2012, 09:05 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
As Irish says no one has launched an FI package for the V12.
One issue it has is the lack of knock control (fixed in the new Vanquish) means AM set up up to run on low octane fuel this is part of the reason it is comparably down on output. The other is the 6 cats!

Bamford Rose in the UK are currently working on a HIGHLY tuned V12 in a DB9 they are going NA and expect to get around 650 BHP

Unfortunately AFAIK they have no immediate plans to offer support outside the EU.

Go drive one, it's not about the power

Last edited by mikey k; 06-29-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
As said above I would go the built NA route before FI for the 6L v12 Aston engine. The powerplant comes very tame from the factory but has potential....as metnioned the DB9 BR build of 650hp.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:43 PM
ahmadxbr is on a distinguished road

There has been FI'd DBSs but like I said with twin centrifugal superchargers which are like turbos running on the engine instead of exhaust. They don't produce full boost instantly like the blowers which are the twin screw type. To be honest this engine is a dinosaur and NA 750hp is impossible and will not be reliable. I think a good twin screw would be simpler than a twin turbo setup and also lighter and more usable. It also dooesn't ruin the sound of the engine like a TT setup which muffles the exhaust. The engine of course will have to be built up with forged internals and what not and the heads will need work as well the headers, fuel and intake. How much do you guys think the V12 can be bored and stroked to assuming it will be sleeved in the process. The One-77 is a new engine, it wasn't a bored and stroked 6 ltr from the DBS. Do you guys think 7.3 ltr is possible?

Old 06-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by mikey k
As Irish says no one has launched an FI package for the V12.
One issue it has is the lack of knock control (fixed in the new Vanquish) means AM set up up to run on low octane fuel this is part of the reason it is comparably down on output. The other is the 6 cats!

Bamford Rose in the UK are currently working on a HIGHLY tuned V12 in a DB9 they are going NA and expect to get around 650 BHP

Unfortunately AFAIK they have no immediate plans to offer support outside the EU.

Go drive one, it's not about the power
No knock control, really? Is that even possible in a modern engine??

Old 06-30-2012, 08:39 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
You are wasting both your time and this forum's bandwidth. No one here can help you.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
^^^Can't say I didn't see that coming.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:39 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
If someone wants to twin turbo or supercharge their DBS (which I think is a great idea), you know as well as I that they are gonna' have to do it on their own because no one here (or anywhere else) has done it.

All I was saying is that the OP is on his own...no help here.

Do you disagree?

Old 06-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Not taking issue with your post XJRS, I just anticipated your response. Actually was surprised it took you so long to weigh in!

Regardless, Stuart of RSC has expressed a willingness to consider adapting RSC supercharger to the Aston V12. Could be interesting. However, I wouldn't want a turbocharged Vantage.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
No knock control, really? Is that even possible in a modern engine??
It's not a modern engine

Old 07-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikey k
It's not a modern engine

Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ahmadxbr
Hi guys how are you?

Do you guys know if any tuning firm or even an individual who has tuned a DBS? For me 500hp in a car this heavy is not acceptable. I want 750-850hp. I have seen twin supercharger kit like the ESS kits from BMW which are centrifugal but I was wondering if there is a twin screw type like Kenne Bell and Whipple and AMG style which give instant boost. I realize this all needs the engine to be built but I have access to good shops here and we do crazy builds so this is no problem. I was also wondering what the highest NA power for this is and if there is potential for stroking the motor or even boring it.
Done in Moscow:
Twin Rotrex C30s on the stock V12 DBS at .55 bar, Tilton race clutch, UniChip Engine Management System dual chipset. About $25K

Attached Images     
Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 AM
^^^Is that brake or wheel hp?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:26 AM
franki68 is on a distinguished road
to be honest with the OP ,if 510bhp isn't enough for you why are you looking at the car ? buy something else,if the power is not sufficient then the aston is not for you.
If you want sheer speed buy a ferrari, or GTR ,Astons are not the car to get if you want to win bragging rights,however if you enjoy driving then these may be the last cars that actually let you drive as opposed to being nanny minded by numerous electronic systems.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DBS Power Packges