Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I would trade my Aston for a...(fill in blank)

Old 08-24-2012, 05:29 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Interesting to see how many mentions the Ford GT has. When I traded my AMV8, I was at the final negotiations on a very clean Ford GT. the seller started to dicker around, so I went and drove the V12V.

It was over the second I took the V12V out. Surprisingly the Vantage was far more exciting than the Ford. The engine just sang more, it was louder and the car felt more alive.

The Ford was cool, and I still drool when I see them, but the Aston was more fun on public streets. To me anyway.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:50 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Penguin the only problem with your V12V is not enough pics of it!! If this were show and tell and we were 1st graders you would not get a smiley face sticker haha!

Post some up...and some sound clips of the exhaust note please!

Old 08-24-2012, 07:02 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
here are some pics. I will have to take more, but this is what I have now:

By blackpenquinn at 2012-06-02

By blackpenquinn at 2012-06-02

By blackpenquinn at 2012-08-24

Here is a sound clip of the car BEFORE I bought it.

Last edited by black penguin; 08-24-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:11 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Just perfect! Love it

Old 08-24-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm building my son a pedal car. Here are a few images of it at the body shop. We painted it Aston Black too (did not get the exact color).

The frame just got back today and it goes for the interior next week or so.

Get them started young!!

Old 08-24-2012, 08:53 PM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
MP4 12C Roadster.

Maybe the V12 Roadster.

Old 08-25-2012, 03:37 AM
Alwin is on a distinguished road
I'd love to add a Vanquish AM310. And maybe an old Vanquish :-)

However, I am quite happy with my current line-up (V8VS Roadster, V12 Vantage, 458 Italia, V12V Roadster on order).

Old 08-25-2012, 06:40 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I'm most likely going to test drive an MP4-12C next week. I highly doubt I'll purchase but I am curious

Old 08-26-2012, 06:59 PM
@RossL I would love to hear what you think of it. I drove one and I really liked the car. It drove beautifully, it was exciting and once you put it in track mode it was a very visceral car.

I actually really like the interior and did not find it plain at all. the vision out the front was amazing.

It looks awesome in Orange.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
love to know how was it

Old 08-26-2012, 08:50 PM
@no32. For me it was a fantastic car.

In person the design is amazing. The details really are great. It's not a huge visual gesture like a Lambo, but the details are great.

It needs a better front end. The lower chin is not race enough, it has a dumb smile of a front. Needs more aggression. They have a better chin, but it's 27K??? What is it made of? VIRGINS???

It drives amazing and it feels proper special. As much fun as Lambos and a 360 I drove. Very, very fast. The suspension was amazing. In race mode it was nervous, but not with the dumb feedback, just the good stuff.

The air brake is very cool.

The sound is fantastic. Half way between an R8 V10 and an Aston. Almost nothing is as good sounding as an Aston.

I was impressed, but it's just not good looking enough for me to walk away from my V12Vanage. Even though it's more compeitent. It's still adds up to less of a car per dollar. In orange it comes close, with a more aggressive chin and diffuser, maybe.

But Atons are great road cars. Vey hard to beat where it really counts. Magazines numbers tell almost none of the story that counts.

Go drive one though, it is an amazing car.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:09 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
thx, very interesting. I drove it recently but unlike most people im not crazy about it, well it was fun but didn't make me want one, yet...
its way faster than my v12, and I assume i can get with it faster from point a-b comparing with the aston, but I'm not sure it was me driving the car.
with the aston i need to work hard, sweat, think & response (like in 911 type of car), with the MP4-12C it was just like nissan gtr but to perfection

I may got it all wrong, or maybe im not good enough driver for this car who knows...

Old 08-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Nope, I felt similar.

I LOVE my V12Vantage for the same reasons you do. It's kind of a challenge, it's not perfect, but I'd feels like the perfect experience. It's clearly a car that is sacrificing some numbers in the pursuit or the fun of the experience.

It has a muscle car feel about it.

But the McLaren has a charm, the only issue is the limits are soo high. You really have to be on a track before you can feel danger. In the Aston it feels like mayhem is a half inch of pedal travel away.

Still, I have a feeling a McLaren could be in my future.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 PM
i had it on a track and it was fastttttttt, i didn't try to brake a record, since I was by myself in a car that own by a friend of a friend

Old 08-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Wow, never had it on a track.

Sooo, how was it on the track?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: I would trade my Aston for a...(fill in blank)