Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I would trade my Aston for a...(fill in blank)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:24 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RossL
Electric still has more torque
This is what Jaguar was talking about... With a KERS style boost off the line.

That would revolutionize 0-60, 0-100 or 1/4 runs. Imagine a dual clutch system, AWD, electric boost, with a turbo engine?

Old 09-01-2012, 04:13 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by black penguin
@Scottblack, I hear you, bit I LOVE the hood vents. In ten ears they will be the defining memory of that car. That little bit of vugarity is exactly what was needed to break through the Aston Martin veneer and expose the hooligan in the family.

Plus that hood just gets soooo hot, it's obviously required.

The cobra and GTO are fantastic choices.
You are probably right about the hood vents. But I still wish they could have been ordered body-color.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by scottblack
You are probably right about the hood vents. But I still wish they could have been ordered body-color.
Well now that they are offering them in various contrasting colours on the roadster, I wonder if a retrofit in your colour of choice would be possible?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:43 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Are they? One of the main reasons I went V8VS over the V12 was my wife really doesn't like the hood vents

Old 09-02-2012, 09:05 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Does v12v really need so many vents? I know the heat thing but I think it's a little excessive and hokie looking. There are several other ways to execute convection heat transfer.

Can you guys get them removed and painted body color? Or maybe replace them or even just the 2 inner ones with mesh or something?

To me they are not a deal breaker but def not my favorite feature on the v12v, I do think the v12v should have a different body kit on it instead of the same exterior as a v8vs or remotely similar in some regards to the N420 which it kinda also looks like to the untrained eye.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
I agree... The vents break up up the smooth lines of the Vantage. Wish they didn't carve up the hood like that

Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Nope, I felt similar.

I LOVE my V12Vantage for the same reasons you do. It's kind of a challenge, it's not perfect, but I'd feels like the perfect experience. It's clearly a car that is sacrificing some numbers in the pursuit or the fun of the experience.

It has a muscle car feel about it.

But the McLaren has a charm, the only issue is the limits are soo high. You really have to be on a track before you can feel danger. In the Aston it feels like mayhem is a half inch of pedal travel away.

Still, I have a feeling a McLaren could be in my future.
I had no idea the Vantage was so raw.
I thought Aston's were the best daily drivers of all the exotic clan.
Probably just the Vantage is like this.....right?
I can't imagine a DB9 being close to raw or making the driver work hard.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by RossL
Are they? One of the main reasons I went V8VS over the V12 was my wife really doesn't like the hood vents
Look closely at this pic and you'll see the vents, side strakes, mirror shells and even the dark contrast colour in the wheels is a burgundy red-ish shade.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:09 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
Look closely at this pic and you'll see the vents, side strakes, mirror shells and even the dark contrast colour in the wheels is a burgundy red-ish shade.

Oh my goodness... That is beautiful.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:08 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Here's one with painted vents for comparison...

Old 09-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love the big, obvious vents. I'm sure they aren't 100% necessary from a functional standpoint, but I think they're necessary to distinguish the car from the V8V and to make the car look more agressive. Personally, I hate when people body paint the vents. Makes the car look emasculated to me.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love the big, obvious vents. I'm sure they aren't 100% necessary from a functional standpoint, but I think they're necessary to distinguish the car from the V8V and to make the car look more agressive. Personally, I hate when people body paint the vents. Makes the car look emasculated to me.
Agreed. When they are painted, it makes them look cheap (like a sticker vent add-on). I almost prefer no vents, but if you have them, show them off.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Alwin is on a distinguished road

Same here. I love em.
Take a look at a Vantage S and a V12 Vantage from the front. The stance of the V12 Vantage looks different, lower, because of the vents.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with you on this one. The BMW M has muscular differences so does the Am's and the Ferrari GTO's.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:55 PM
HotLap is on a distinguished road

Here is a sound clip of the car BEFORE I bought it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVa_ftZHevU&feature=plcp
Wow, loved that exhaust note. Factory option?

Last edited by HotLap; 09-03-2012 at 01:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: I would trade my Aston for a...(fill in blank)