Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I would trade my Aston for a...(fill in blank)

Old 08-26-2012, 09:44 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
I drove on a track only

Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I'm most likely going to have an opportunity to drive the 458 italia and the mp4 12 c on track hopefully this fall or next spring, one of my DE students may be getting the mclaren and brining it to the track w Ferrari club, I'd really like it to be at VIR inthe spring, perfect track for those cars, good elevation changes, power sections, and technical sections both of these are on my list for my next car god willing one of them will find it's way into my garage !

Old 08-26-2012, 10:28 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
What track is it and what is a DE ?

Old 08-26-2012, 11:17 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
VIR is virginia international raceway. DE is drivers education it's also called HPDE - high performance drivers school/Ed. Ive been instructing for Porsche club, BMW, mbca, fca and several other organizations that hold these events in various tracks around the country... Used to race with BMW CCA and NASA GTS3 for several years but now mostly instruct at DE events a few times a year. Always fun to be at the track

Old 08-27-2012, 06:11 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
@Sunir - The S's would be fantastic in either car! Last time I was at VIR it was with the Noble and the S's are still fresh in my memory 3 years later!

Old 08-27-2012, 10:49 AM
^^^ Yes indeed Ross, Very fun place...In my race car that's foot to the floor no braking area coming in to those in top gear, it's full throttle all the way from snake thru the bridge straight on onto the climbing esses, my race car nearly tops out there but it's a 5 speed manual box M3 CSL Touring car ., earlier this year I hit 140 or thereabouts up those esses in a friend's Nissan GTR. One of my fav parts of the track!

Pic of my race car...

Old 08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
respect !
im in dallas area but may join you one day if its fine with you...

Old 08-27-2012, 10:56 AM
very nice cars, you make me want to own a dedicated track car...

Old 08-27-2012, 11:00 AM
^^^ Sure everyine is welcome always a fund time at the track and I really enjoy working with students, I think AMOC holds a couple of events annually too. Many organizations have HPDE events, check your local track's web page for info, I think Motorsport Ranch and TWS are both in or near the Dallas Area perhaps?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:52 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I love my V12V so much, it could only be a '64 Shelby 289 Cobra or '63 Ferrari 250 GTO. Crazy know, but I just love the V12V too much for anything else. Though, I wish the hood vets weren't quite so...prominent.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:58 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
@Scottblack, I hear you, bit I LOVE the hood vents. In ten ears they will be the defining memory of that car. That little bit of vugarity is exactly what was needed to break through the Aston Martin veneer and expose the hooligan in the family.

Plus that hood just gets soooo hot, it's obviously required.

The cobra and GTO are fantastic choices.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:17 PM
What a 250 GTO! That is my all time fav car! Actually 33 GTO, but there are only 3 of those compared to the 37 already super scarce 250, or soft top 250 California, a rare unicorn.

The v12v or any modern Aston, or vintage aston, heck any other car.. Period is not even on the same plane or planet as an original 250. It is the crowning jewel of cars, the pinnacle of most desirable cars, and the cornerstone of top collections... One should be so lucky to own a 250 in their lifetime. Things that would be considered to trade for a 250 would be a few piccassos or other fine art, maybe a yacht, or real estate, or a prized car collection with things like Enzos and Veyrons ... Maybe a 288 gto or F40, Aston DBR1, a dusenburg SJ type, Porsche GT1 and 917LM, mclaren F1, a '29 blower bentley, and other historic megaliths scattered about....lol

Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by black penguin
I LOVE the hood vents. In ten ears they will be the defining memory of that car. That little bit of vugarity is exactly what was needed to break through the Aston Martin veneer and expose the hooligan in the family.
I agree. The car would look too refined without the menacing vents.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:39 AM
astonboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Back to topic: I would trade my V8V for a substancially revised V8V that matches todays standards, i. e. turbo charged, more efficient engine that delivers acceptable torque at lower revs and a double clutch system. But - as we see in the new Vanquish - this will not happen for AM, so I stay with my car.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:10 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by astonboy
.. a substancially revised V8V that matches todays standards, i. e. turbo charged, more efficient engine that delivers acceptable torque at lower revs and a double clutch system. ...
Wow. I love this criteria... I think you basically described what it would take for me to put the Aston back on my shopping list.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: I would trade my Aston for a...(fill in blank)