Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2014 AM Vanquish...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 AM
asRS5 is on a distinguished road
Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Best car Aston ever made? Yes.

I was more impressed after watching the vid.

I hope the gear shifts are not that blatant, though. Seems like a long gap. I was hoping for something more revolutionary, as opposed to evolutionary... But I admit, the design of the outgoing line-up is difficult to improve on. The bits might make the look polarizing (attractive to some, unattractive to others). I like it. Won't ever get one, though... I like that they appeared to have made it more drivable for the daily commute. Usable power, with traction to apply it. That is a relatively new concept to super grand tourers like this.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Beautiful. I was never a Vanquish fan, but I actually like this one a lot!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Pics of the 2014 Vanquish

The Dallas AM dealership had the Vanquish in town today at a golf event. I took a few pics. It is the same one seen in the reviews and the one the CEO was driving at the event on the west coast. It is a unique color for sure but not my cup of tea. The car is also very unique looking as well, especially the rear end with the spoiler and rounded edges. Truly not my cup of tea, but I am biased, I think the Vantage is the best looking of all.

Attached Images   
Old 10-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
I saw it at Pebble Beach and it is an improvement on the DBS but, I still like the size of the Vantage better. I also like the price better. Hopefully there will be trickle down of the engine and other bits for the next V12 Vantage.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
AMoD had a reception for the Vanquish last night. I don't care for the color of the car, but it is pretty striking otherwise. It is too bad that the DBS replacement does not come with a MT option, but then Ferrari has not MT's anymore.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:37 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I think the car looks great in person, but its too tame to be the halo car. In six months it won't look new at all. There should have been moe of the drama of the One-77.

I'm sure those that do buy one will be very pleased, though.

For my tastes, something more like the Zagato v12, please.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Jace_91 is on a distinguished road
I think this car is amazing, not a fan in this color but overall a great addition to the lineup. I agree they could have added even more drama from the One-77 but I think they wanted to keep it tame to appeal to a broader spectrum of the already narrow market.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Judging from the photos, the Vanquish seems still a more "elegant" design vs. aggressive as in the DBS with vents.
I'm still not a fan of the angular front lip and the rear spoiler, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.
I'll say it again, 565 hp from a V12 seems weak in comparison to the V12's of the lambo SV and Ferrari 599's that produce well over 600 hp.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:31 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by plastique999
I'll say it again, 565 hp from a V12 seems weak in comparison to the V12's of the lambo SV and Ferrari 599's that produce well over 600 hp.
agreed. Which is why I'm not super excited about the new Vanq either. Why spend that kind of cheese on it when there are more options at that price point with more performance envelope.

Aston does a lot of things right, their looks, style, sophistication, class, poise, and classy elegant presence. None of which is attributed to sheer outright performance sans the one-77 supercar. This is why I love the DB9 it's the epitome of the marque, has all the attributes of an Aston but it's a great GT car which is exactly what it was built for, a culmination of sports and cruiser.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:59 PM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sunir
Why spend that kind of cheese on it when there are more options at that price point with more performance envelope.
I agree. While I'll likely always have an Aston in the stable I don't think I'd ever purchase their top model (like the DBS/Vanq. - not like the One-77). You can get the same looks and slightly less performance for a lot less choosing a lower end model.