Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Fun thread... Devil's advocate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
Ibisrider, On my 2009 the stainless steel drink holder does fold backwards into the storage compartment behind it.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Christiaan0922 is on a distinguished road
My recent acquisition of a 2007 Manual 6sp, low mileage, sportpack, midnight blue DB9, couldn't have been a better fit for me if I'd ordered it myself. So I'm still the happy kid with a new toy but... It was very annoying that on my first day out I had the occasion to curb my right front wheel. High on the list of shortcomings at this point, was the lack of a sensor or camera to avoid this in the future, (am still looking for possible options).

The manual trans is a real delight for me, but I wish the electronic accelerator had more sensory feedback and didn't have, what I would best describe as similar to free-play on a clutch pedal. Stuart has assured me his ecu tune option would resolve this, so "that" at least has a remedy with a bonus of a few extra hp. Hoping to discuss this with someone who has taken advantage of this already beforehand.

Wanting to adequately prepare myself for working on the car has already been a bit frustrating to find I need to fabricate my own lift blocks to fit on those very tiny lift points that are specified for this car. Not a huge effort though.

The complaints over shortcomings in various electronics options are shared in so much as the car's electronics don't seem very self-intuitive, but I've already forgotten what all the various buttons and features are on the confusing selection of remote controls scattered around my house, so I've not been too upset with just ignoring these confusing options regardless.

All told, my DB9 has me going to re-visit all these beautiful roads again here all over California, that are equally scenic and enjoyed in any kind of car, but it's this sensory banquet the car provides me that motivates me to get out from behind my desk! For this reason as much as anything else I want to see the miles add up as much as I can on my odometer. My mental breaks will never be games of solitaire again. Lol

Old 07-15-2013, 10:16 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
More power Like 800 HP!!! and I dont like the hard steering my german cars have feather light steering that becomes less so when we get the speed up!!! and my god do we do that here... none of the 55MPh crap!!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
More Torque

Old 07-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by captain Greg
More power Like 800 HP!!! and I dont like the hard steering my german cars have feather light steering that becomes less so when we get the speed up!!! and my god do we do that here... none of the 55MPh crap!!
Regarding the "hard" steering: IMO that's one of the great things about Aston Martins -- the steering is NOT feather light, and it provides real feel and feedback. Long may this be the case. These are cars that still have to be driven, they require the driver to be involved, and they're much more rewarding for it!

Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^^ this.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:55 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
A lower reverse gear ratio and a slightly lighter clutch.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Christiaan0922 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by keitheva
As much as I'd like to try going full out in reverse and then spin around taking off forward with a good amount of momentum...a much more practical and much lower reverse gear would be a welcome sight for me as well, and infinitely more useful here in San Francisco. And btw...I find the steering in my DB9 absolutely perfect (in my humble opinion!)

Old 07-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Texas F1 will become famous soon enough
I've only had my V8V for about three months and there is very little I would want to change. More power and torque, of course, but the newer models have already addressed that to some extent. The overall workmanship and quality of materials is excellent.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:52 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by keitheva
Reverse ratio is closer to first in ASM2

Last edited by mikey k; 07-20-2013 at 06:55 AM.