Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage clutch noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:03 PM
ASMstam is on a distinguished road
belt squeal

anyone happen to have the part numbers for the revised pulley and belt. I have that annoying noise also

Old 02-14-2014, 11:58 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Hi Irish I find nowdays that my serpintine belt (fan belt) squeaks when its cold sounds like a cricket under the bonnet for a few mins when its cold, no slipping or other issues, I see the parts you say need to be installed- pulley and belt? will a green soap on the belt not work?? like in the old days a bar of soap on a belt made the noise go away?

Old 02-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Hi Irish I find nowdays that my serpintine belt (fan belt) squeaks when its cold sounds like a cricket under the bonnet for a few mins when its cold, no slipping or other issues, I see the parts you say need to be installed- pulley and belt? will a green soap on the belt not work?? like in the old days a bar of soap on a belt made the noise go away?
Soap, can of Stop-Squeak from aauto pats store..will all stop it for now, but will not solve the problem and will return

When cold the belt wanders on the lower idler pulley, this causes a noise when the belt tries to line up with the crank pulley..the newer pulley has walls to help guide the belt correctly...this new pulley just stops premature belt wear, the belt will still wear as do on other vehicles. Replace the belt and pulley with the revised parts

If the new pulley is already on the car and there are no oil or coolant leaks, just replace the belt and call it a day..

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com