Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Is the owner on here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM
groutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura about
Niiiice!

Old 01-19-2013, 12:26 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
You *do* know that this picture is a rendering, right? Wish it were real, because it does look really nice but, alas, it's a fake There is no car with those wheels as pictured because you can't get that amount of concavity on a Vantage.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
You *do* know that this picture is a rendering, right? Wish it were real, because it does look really nice but, alas, it's a fake There is no car with those wheels as pictured because you can't get that amount of concavity on a Vantage.
I guess i should pay more attention to the actual print` LOL. this is what i liked about it but if it is not real then back to the drawing board. maybe i should also wait for my flu to pass and my fever to come down...

Old 01-19-2013, 08:10 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ Sorry to hear you're sick. I spent 5 days in bed after New Years with 102º fever and 2 weeks later, I still don't feel 100%. Flu has been really bad this year. Get well.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 PM
it's a fake There is no car with those wheels as pictured because you can't get that amount of concavity on a Vantage.
Thank you, It actually makes me upset that a manufacturer is advertising a product that doesn't and can't exist. now why would you do that D2?

And even more confusing.. I have exchanged messages with them in which i expressed specific interest in those wheels and they are connecting me to one of their local dealers but no mention of it. now what would you call that ?

Last edited by Breezman; 01-19-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Well, to be fair, they can make those wheels for your car so technically they aren't misleading. It's just that the amount of concavity would not be as severe and IMO that is the one thing that makes the car in the picture look so good. I just think you might be disappointed if you ordered a set and didn't get that look once they were installed. Just look at pictures of Astons with concave HRE wheels to get an idea of just how concave (or not) the wheels are—especially the fronts.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:56 AM
Well, to be fair, they can make those wheels for your car so technically they aren't misleading. It's just that the amount of concavity would not be as severe and IMO that is the one thing that makes the car in the picture look so good. I just think you might be disappointed if you ordered a set and didn't get that look once they were installed. Just look at pictures of Astons with concave HRE wheels to get an idea of just how concave (or not) the wheels are—especially the fronts.
Like you said- it was about the exact look and yes i would have been very upset once i got them and realized its not the same

Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
it's a fake There is no car with those wheels as pictured because you can't get that amount of concavity on a Vantage.
Phew, that's a relief! It did look pretty good and I was worried for a moment that there was a Vantage out there that looked better than my 9

Old 01-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by FatFrank
Phew, that's a relief! It did look pretty good and I was worried for a moment that there was a Vantage out there that looked better than my 9
LOL- I was planing on mine looking exactly like that

Old 01-20-2013, 01:24 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
That rendering does look stunning indeed!One of my favs from D2.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Yes Sunir, but it is like waiting to go on a date with the girls of your dream to only find out she really was just a blowup doll and not the real thing.. A little misleading wouldn't you say?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Not nearly as misleading as the scene from the movie 'I'm Gonna Get you Sucka' when the prostitute starts taking off her wig, and everything else and eventually her prostthetic leg!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ Not nearly as misleading as the scene from the movie 'I'm Gonna Get you Sucka' when the prostitute starts taking off her wig, and everything else and eventually her prostthetic leg!!!
It would be if u paid her 6k