Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Glass switches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Not for nothing, but if they can look up the exact color codes of the interior and exterior from the VIN, they should certainly be able to know what buttons are on the dash with it.

Of course, I suspect that the factory is just a bit confused. Just look at the item on their web page. The description says "manual vehicles only" but the picture shows a "D" button.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Not all Vantages are configured the same. Based on market and options the button configuration varies. AM just wants to make sure they send the correct set of switches. Why are you reluctant to simply send them a picture? Seems like a pretty trivial request to ensure you get what you want. No sense in getting indignant over this. Mountains over molehills, etc.
I did send the pictures that was not the point of me posting here .. i was just surprised at the request as it seemed very odd to me considering they just build it and my understanding is that all V8S are exactly the same. i was not aware of different switch configurations.

i post here to share ALL my experiences good, bad or indifferent since you don`t know when someone now or down the line will benefit from reading those exchanges just as I benefited from reading here months and years old post to gather as much info as i could before i plunged into it.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
Not for nothing, but if they can look up the exact color codes of the interior and exterior from the VIN, they should certainly be able to know what buttons are on the dash with it.

Of course, I suspect that the factory is just a bit confused. Just look at the item on their web page. The description says "manual vehicles only" but the picture shows a "D" button.
That is exactly what prompted me to question them as I did supply them with the Vin number which added to my surprise when they came back to me with " please send pictures"

Old 03-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Okay guys play nice, I don't want this to turn into a pissing contest. OP has expressed concern and as it's his thread I ask that if anyone is to reply to do so politely.

Duane we know each other and I know your sense of humor, it's fine for me but Breeze was offended. Just say sorry and lets get back to the scheduled programming, thanks

Breeze, Duane is a good guy, he's local to me...he is a true enthusiast, and one of the most real car guys you'll meet. He did not mean any harm. He's a straight shooter and he has a sense of humor. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with him at some of his events way back when I was in my mid 20's like 10 years ago. As for your glass switches, just snap a pic and send it to Aston no biggie...if it helps them assure the right product comes to you it's a little step to make for added insurance.

Okay guys. thanks...
Thank you!!!

Btw- My wife is from your neck of the woods and we have family in Annapolis, fairfax, potomac and manassas. we most likely be there this summer.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:08 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ sounds good give me a holler when in town...lots of enthusiasts in the area.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Just found that option on the V8S 13MY as Glass Corporate Switches: $570
Is there a difference in the dash between the 11 and 13 My?

How do i upload a picture?

Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
LOL @ thread. Nothing more amusing than hopping on 6spd and reading some dentist and laywers bickering haha.

FWIW I think the switches make the car a lot more modern feeing. Its a small touch but really impressed me first time I hopped in an AM with it.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Breezman
Wow- you turned it into a personal attack.
I am sorry you have so much pain inside
Yeah DR. C, most out character..........pretty funny though I must say LOL!

FF

Old 03-05-2013, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=TheYoungConnoisseur;3786385
FWIW I think the switches make the car a lot more modern feeing. Its a small touch but really impressed me first time I hopped in an AM with it.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:30 AM
conceptm6 is on a distinguished road
Just curious but do AM make glass switches for the 2007 model?

Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by conceptm6
I will be at the dealer today for mine so i will ask for you

Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 AM
conceptm6 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Breezman
I will be at the dealer today for mine so i will ask for you
Thank you for your help. Very interested to order it if they have a set for 2007.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:23 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
According to a guy on Pistonheads, he was told by Aston that they do not. They are only available for '09MY and newer. Apparently they don't have switches for hazard, rear defrost, AC or recirculate. I was bummed to find that out.

Here is link to the discussion:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...3261&mid=13261

Old 03-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Thank you for your help. Very interested to order it if they have a set for 2007.
Spoke to mu guy there and he said to send him the Vin number so he can check. feel free to email me at Boaz@Bomamed.com.

I am sure they will ask for pictures next -LOL

Old 03-07-2013, 04:15 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Hmmm, I saw this in a new DBS and was always impressed. Just contacted my local dealer/technician about pricing and installation.

http://www.astonstore.co.uk/product/...t_AD33-V809-SS

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glass switches