Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Glass switches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by courtier
Are there any on this forum that have installed the switches themselves? I really like the look of the glass switches and I think I've convinced myself I'm OK with the cost of the parts but the labor price to swap these seems astronomical to me. I'm wondering if this is feasible as a DIY???
I ended up not installing them since there is no "comfort" glass switch for my car.

But I've had to do the same motions to fix the ECU dock and I can tell you it's VERY doable, pretty easy!

There's a sticky here, that shows hot to remove the whole dash. You only need to remove the top part. Buy some trim removal tools and be very careful not to damage the leather.

Unclipping the nav panel is a bit tricky but go easy and it should be ok. After that, it's just pulling plugs and unscrewing the buttons! 1 hr job I'd gather.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by irish07
I must admit, this topic is good humour..

..what are you looking for, the "Sport/D/N/R" switches in glass, and if they fit to a V8V?

Not so humorous as when I first saw this thread...

I ordered the correct switches, but the sport switch that shipped was a different part number.

I ordered part AD33-14B626-BA
I received part AD33-14B626-CB

Of course, the key for the molex plug doesn't match up, and now I am struggling to get the correct part shipped. The supplier emailed me this morning stating that the "CB" part supersedes the "BA" part

Now I either wait for the UK based supplier to send me the correct part, or I dismantle the switches and swap the keyed plugs and put the car back together.

At least it's raining here for the next week or so

Old 04-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Batman-76
Not so humorous as when I first saw this thread...

I ordered the correct switches, but the sport switch that shipped was a different part number.

I ordered part AD33-14B626-BA
I received part AD33-14B626-CB

Of course, the key for the molex plug doesn't match up, and now I am struggling to get the correct part shipped. The supplier emailed me this morning stating that the "CB" part supersedes the "BA" part

Now I either wait for the UK based supplier to send me the correct part, or I dismantle the switches and swap the keyed plugs and put the car back together.

At least it's raining here for the next week or so
The new part is AD33-14B626-CB, good luck trying to find a -BA siffix, but that just means the part was updated, not modified not to fit a previous -BA switch..the -CB switch should fit, wasn't just recently updated..

Your replacing a Plastic "Sport" switch with a glass "Sport" switch.. right? Not a plastic "Comfort" switch for a glass "Sport" switch?

Old 04-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Yessir, plastic sport switch for glass sport switch

I was updating on my 2012 V8VS

The partial part number I found on my plastic switch ended in "-14B626-AA"

Google led me to some "key f" glass sport switches. But they are listed for the Rapide and DB9

I have a pic of the two switches in my possession. I can send you a pic if it'll help track down the correct part I need

Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated :-)

Old 04-07-2015, 10:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Batman-76
Yessir, plastic sport switch for glass sport switch

I was updating on my 2012 V8VS

The partial part number I found on my plastic switch ended in "-14B626-AA"

Google led me to some "key f" glass sport switches. But they are listed for the Rapide and DB9

I have a pic of the two switches in my possession. I can send you a pic if it'll help track down the correct part I need

Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated :-)
Oh ****..well your slightly right but wrong switch suffix..AKA wrong part..you have a DBS/DB9/Rapide switch..this switch is made to operate with 2 PCM's and 1 TCU, the Vantage switch is made to function with 1 PCM and 1 TCU..

Vantage V8 plastic switch: 6G33-14B626-BB(there could be older versions, so suffix will vary -AA, -AB)
Vantage V8 Glass switch: AD33-14B626-AA Superceded to
AD33-14B626-DB

DB9 Glass switch:
AD33-14B626-BA/CA
Superceded to
AD33-14B626-CB
DB9 Plastic switch: Year depending on Part #'s

Soooo.. if you have a V8V and want a glass switch..newest Part# AD33-14B626-DB is what your looking for.. think I mentioned part number back in this thread..yep, check around post #42

Old 11-05-2015, 06:00 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but just had these put into the main dash and they look amazing!

I got the kit from AM and, along with the dash switches, the kit also came with switches for the seat tilt buttons in the headrests and a glovebox button.

I had the dealer do the dash since they were also replacing a faulty clock, but they didnt get to the seats or glovebox. Anyone know how to replace the seat tilt buttons and if it is an easy/ difficult job? If its easy, may just do it myself instead of taking it back in.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:35 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mindscape9
Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but just had these put into the main dash and they look amazing!

I got the kit from AM and, along with the dash switches, the kit also came with switches for the seat tilt buttons in the headrests and a glovebox button.

I had the dealer do the dash since they were also replacing a faulty clock, but they didnt get to the seats or glovebox. Anyone know how to replace the seat tilt buttons and if it is an easy/ difficult job? If its easy, may just do it myself instead of taking it back in.

Very easy. Use a 17mm socket to "smash/drive" the switch into the seat. At that point, you can pull it outward for replacement.

Do a search, since there's quite a few threads on this specific issue.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Ekaplan1020 is a jewel in the roughEkaplan1020 is a jewel in the roughEkaplan1020 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by courtier
Are there any on this forum that have installed the switches themselves? I really like the look of the glass switches and I think I've convinced myself I'm OK with the cost of the parts but the labor price to swap these seems astronomical to me. I'm wondering if this is feasible as a DIY???
I installed the glass PRND switches in my 2005 DB9 when I switched to the Piano Black Fascia. It was very easy and looks incredible. I am not sure how easy it would be to switch the other lights, but I would imagine not too difficult. One thing to be careful about is the pin that keeps the button secure can break the switch shaft easily so you must be very careful when taking them out and installing them.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:06 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
It seems unlikely such a little thing would make such a big difference to the interior feel of the car, but glass switches do.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:04 PM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
Very easy. Use a 17mm socket to "smash/drive" the switch into the seat. At that point, you can pull it outward for replacement.

Do a search, since there's quite a few threads on this specific issue.
Thanks guys! May try it out this weekend

Old 11-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Seats: I just drill a small whole in the center of the switch, then thread in a nice niced screw, pull the screw with pliers. That just leaves behind the spring tabs, use a magnet to remove if needed..then slide in new switch.

Glove box: unclip trip surround(pull it), remove old switch and install new..