Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Would you touch this car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 02:40 PM
HAULN-SS is on a distinguished road
Would you touch this car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...item257bc4bbf5

I just came across this on ebay. I am still browsing for a V8V, but I thought the exterior color scheme on this one was pretty nice. I can't say I care for the interior though. High miles for sure..im more just interested in the history of it than actual getting it as a driver - though maybe it would make a good one for that too.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:02 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Depends.
Do you want to drive it much?
Do you have a bunch of extra money you don't need for anything else?

Those are pretty cool but you really have to want/love it.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:02 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
What IbisRider said

Old 03-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
I love the Vanquish, but...

Aside from the Mansory issue, it has a salvage title -- no mention of why in the advert...

Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
That title would worry me, also lack of mention of it in the ad makes me think they are hoping you don't notice it.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Don't ever show up with that at an Aston gathering...you'll be laughed off the field.

It's practically worthless as a collector item since it has been restyled. You buy this car, you'll be sorry in a couple months (if not sooner).

Old 03-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
. . . not with a 10-foot pole. That body kit is hideous. You can do better!

Old 03-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
What i love the most is knowing it can have that many miles..

Old 03-20-2013, 09:06 AM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
I didn't get past the fact that it says NO RESERV at the top, yet the reserve hadn't been met.

Even if it's a simple misunderstanding of terminology, it would make me nervous with all the scams that go down on eBay.

Good Luck with your search, keep at it and the right car will come along.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:34 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Speedraser
I love the Vanquish, but...

Aside from the Mansory issue, it has a salvage title -- no mention of why in the advert...
My guess is that it has a Mansory body kit because it had a salvage title.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
Not a chance unless you want to keep it forever and spend lots of money on it. High miles, an aftermarket kit and salvage title. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by karlfranz
My guess is that it has a Mansory body kit because it had a salvage title.
or maybe it has a salvage title because of the Mansory body kit.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I hate Mansory modifications...

Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Breezman
What i love the most is knowing it can have that many miles..
Nice idea but you don't know works been done to keep it on the road
These are notorious for issues including dodgy gearboxes & rotting subframes

Then there is the title, the mileage, the god awful bodykit

Whats the phrase?

"Run Forest Run!"

Old 03-20-2013, 04:19 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
I would NEVER buy a car with a salvage title. If you do.. good luck selling it, you will sit on that car forever unless its priced very attractively. I think the seller is asking to much! Also the clutches are very weak in this car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would you touch this car?