Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Too tall for a Vantage HELP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 06:28 PM
Gimethemtoes is on a distinguished road
I'm 6'5 and somehow fit real good. Only issue I have is getting out from so low.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:06 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gimethemtoes
I'm 6'5 and somehow fit real good. Only issue I have is getting out from so low.
the struggle is real!

It seems like I'm always making noises like an old man when getting out of the car

Old 07-31-2017, 09:14 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
My neighbor was outside when I got out yesterday, grunting as usual, and she looked over and said "you're getting too old for those cars!"

I've always had small 2 seat sports cars and my left knee and hip have paid the price over the years. Not that the V8 is harder to get out of than the others, but my joints are getting worse

Old 08-04-2020, 11:55 PM
Luchak is on a distinguished road
Resurecting this old thread instead of starting a new one ....

I am in a similar situation as the OP however headroom is not an issue but legroom is, I'm all legs. I sat in a 2006 AMV8 coupe a few years back for only a moment and recall the headroom being fine however I prefer driving with my legs stretched out on drives past 30 minutes and that's not possible with the plush stock seats in the AMV8. So big question is...will Recaros and new seat track result in an additional 3" of legroom?

I test drove a few Maserati Granturismo's the past few days and was expecting it to have tons of legroom given the dimensions of the vehicle but was dissappointed to find it lacking compared to my previous German sports cars.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:08 PM
Ashman_E has a spectacular aura aboutAshman_E has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GCBC
Cgt.
If not not comfortable right off that bat in it you won' be comfortable 6 months down the road. You;ll be rubbing you hair against the roof and that is incredibly annoying or you ill have to slouch a little which wont be comfortable either.
Not that it's actually helpful, but if hair rubbing is the problem I'd suggest shaving your head... I'd easily do that to keep my Vantage...

Old 11-04-2020, 06:52 PM
convexproblem will become famous soon enough
I managed to try a Vantage S, and I was a little surprised the seat was rather high. I'm a little under 6'1" and my legs fit okay but I felt almost like I was sitting in a sedan...if I were another 2 inches taller it would be a problem. Were earlier cars with the less plush looking seats any different? I was surprised how small and nimble the car felt, but the seating feels like it could be a dealbreaker if it requires physical modification. By contrast, I can get into a perfect position in a modern Porsche with normal power seats.

Old 11-16-2020, 04:42 PM
Rick F. is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm 6'6" with a little more height from my legs and a little less from the torso. I could fit in my 2007 V8 Vantage well enough to drive the car, but it would become uncomfortable on longer trips. Getting enough leg room required that the setback be much more vertical than I liked.

The best thing I did was to remove the foot rest (dead pedal) on the left. In my manual car, it freed up a lot of legroom for my left leg.

After 3½ years of ownership, I finally decided that I'm just too tall for the car. I had wanted an Aston Martin ever since I was 11 years old and saw the famous ad for a DB4 that could go from 0 to 100 mph and back o 0 in less than 30 seconds. I loved the V8 Vantage, and I would have gladly kept it forever, but the discomfort finally drove me to sell it. I now have a Mercedes-Benz SL550 that has a ton more room.

Quelle dommage.

Rick F.

PS: I have a number of leftover new parts--all Aston Martin factory--which I will be listing for sale before long. Oil change kit, front brake rotors, air/oil separator valve, PCV valve, wiper blades, and a lot of Aston-specific bolts. All new, and all reasonably priced at below my cost from Redpants and Scuderia. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Old 11-16-2020, 05:07 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'm 5'9" and I have the seat all the way back to get enough legroom. I have plenty of headroom but that's the only way to get the legroom. I don't know how you tall gentlemen drive these at all.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:32 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rick F.
I'm 6'6" with a little more height from my legs and a little less from the torso. I could fit in my 2007 V8 Vantage well enough to drive the car, but it would become uncomfortable on longer trips. Getting enough leg room required that the setback be much more vertical than I liked.

The best thing I did was to remove the foot rest (dead pedal) on the left. In my manual car, it freed up a lot of legroom for my left leg.

After 3½ years of ownership, I finally decided that I'm just too tall for the car. I had wanted an Aston Martin ever since I was 11 years old and saw the famous ad for a DB4 that could go from 0 to 100 mph and back o 0 in less than 30 seconds. I loved the V8 Vantage, and I would have gladly kept it forever, but the discomfort finally drove me to sell it. I now have a Mercedes-Benz SL550 that has a ton more room.

Quelle dommage.

Rick F.

PS: I have a number of leftover new parts--all Aston Martin factory--which I will be listing for sale before long. Oil change kit, front brake rotors, air/oil separator valve, PCV valve, wiper blades, and a lot of Aston-specific bolts. All new, and all reasonably priced at below my cost from Redpants and Scuderia. Send me a PM if you're interested.

German cars definitely have more room for tall people but i'm also 6'6" but thin with mostly legs and I've done numerous 6-8 hour canyon runs, drove it 36 hours in 3 days across the country and used it as a road tripper more times than I can count. With the sports pack it definitely rides stiff but I wouldn't call it harsh or uncomfortable. The seats could be a lot better as the lower cushion has to be at a strange angle when you have them all the way back, so I do understand your pain. And a cruiser like a MB SL can probably fit NBA players in it comfortably lol

Old 11-17-2020, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I'm 5'9" and I have the seat all the way back to get enough legroom. I have plenty of headroom but that's the only way to get the legroom. I don't know how you tall gentlemen drive these at all.
I think Jeremy Clarkson said it best "If you like a car enough, you'll find a way to fit"