Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Has anyone tried these new black markers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 09:31 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
When I did mine I did not cut anything. It is very tight and smashes the hand a bit but not that difficult.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:00 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Ok, so I just tried to do it and taking the orange marker out was a PITA.

What the... the connector is different!

Wait a minute... what if I turn the grey part 90 degrees? Yes! that removes the bulb holder from the marker, you just pull the bulb out and connect the new marker to it.

These nuts are a pain in the nuts. They eat into the stub and make a thread as they go in. I highly suggest pre-threading the new markers before putting them in, as it's extremely tight in there.

Beautiful. Perfect with dark colors like my Tungsten.

I banged up my hands, and the whole thing took me around 45 min per marker.

No cutting required
No jacking required

The cable can go into the bulb holder in the wrong way so I suggest testing before closing the fender! I plugged both markers wrong.

No error codes or anything fishy.

I took the chance to also tighten the bolts that hold the fascia to the quarter panels. These were loose.

I dropped the nuts twice! Good thing I kept a pair of pliers close by to fish them out.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:30 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Looks like I'll be tackling thing myself. Thanks for all the input everyone's given!

Old 03-02-2015, 03:13 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
For those interested, here's what they look like on white. Not as bad as I had feared, they kinda mimic the headlights. Definately look good with lights on. I think I'm gonna leave them in, since they look better than the yellow

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	415387  

Last edited by bluebarchetta; 03-02-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:18 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
OK, I'm lame and can't figure out how to get both pics into one post, so here's with lights off

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	518.8 KB
ID:	415389  
Old 03-02-2015, 03:48 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Just ordered a set of these. I'm going to have Paul at IAP do some smoking/tinting on them before I install them. Going to have him do the tail lights, reflectors, and corner lights out back, too.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:45 PM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have a source for the original markers, both these horizontal ones in front and the round ones on the quarter panel? I'd like to restore both to stock on my Vantage. Alternatively, for anyone who's upgraded to aftermarket parts, would you be willing to sell your original ones?

Old 03-03-2015, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by dsvantage
Does anyone have a source for the original markers, both these horizontal ones in front and the round ones on the quarter panel? I'd like to restore both to stock on my Vantage. Alternatively, for anyone who's upgraded to aftermarket parts, would you be willing to sell your original ones?
If nobody sells you theirs before I get to it, I should have mine available next week.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:03 PM
EspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura about
thanks for the info fellas!

Old 03-04-2015, 07:55 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by telum01
Just ordered a set of these. I'm going to have Paul at IAP do some smoking/tinting on them before I install them.
telum01, I'm considering these and believe "smoked" would be the way I'd go. I'm not sure how dark you plan to have them done. Pics would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-10-2015, 05:27 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Just for your information the tinted round lenses on ebay don't fit. The tinted lens is really nice but the flange that holds it is not correct. Had to send them back. Looks like I'll have to try the less expensive ones some of you mentioned.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Saving4Aston is on a distinguished road
They look great! Added to my list of upgrades when I get my Vantage

Old 03-16-2015, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by 07sportspack
telum01, I'm considering these and believe "smoked" would be the way I'd go. I'm not sure how dark you plan to have them done. Pics would be appreciated. Thanks
I got them smoked but haven't installed them yet. I'll try to do it tomorrow night so I can snap some pics.

Visually, they're pretty much the same except that the LEDs aren't so obvious inside. You can still see them, but they don't stand out nearly as much as they do with the clear lenses.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Turns out one of my Corner markers is DEFECTIVE. Which sucks because 1) I didn't find out until I installed it (what a crappy crappy horrible job that is), and 2) I had them sprayed so I'm expecting an uphill battle to get it replaced.

Crappy cell phone pics I hastily snapped before storm out of my garage:

Old 03-16-2015, 05:13 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Richard,

It might not be defective. LEDs are diodes (the D in the acronym) which means that polarity is important. Reverse the plug on the "defective one" and it should (hopefully) light up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried these new black markers?