Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Has anyone tried these new black markers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 05:27 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Richard,

It might not be defective. LEDs are diodes (the D in the acronym) which means that polarity is important. Reverse the plug on the "defective one" and it should (hopefully) light up.
Did that Did it a few times, like a USB haha. Wasn't coming on so I grabbed the other and it light right up.

I'm hoping it's repairable (maybe the wires weren't connected properly?). Might be an easy fix.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Odd + sad
I thought mine were defective at first but I had just plugged them reversed.
It's an Ebay seller, so feedback is super important for them. If you haven't left feedback should be an easy return?

Old 10-23-2015, 11:14 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Raising this thread from the dead for another forum member that asked about clear corner lights.

Update on my defective light: A buddy of mine tore it open and found the manufacturing defect. He resoldered it to fix it.

I'm going to be pulling the front end of my car apart once driving season is over so I'll be reinstalling them then.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:21 PM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
I tinted my amber lights, but came across this thread and decided to try the LED lights. I ordered the lights and the 10mm flex head socket that was mentioned earlier in the thread. The removal of the old lenses was a huge pain in the >ss. Plan to spend at least 30 minutes to get the front nut off. I tried to fit a regular 10mm socket on the second side to speed up the removal process. I wound up dropping it down the fender. I wasn't able to retrieve it (fortunately where ever it is, it doesn't rattle). A few bits of advice. When installing the new lights, don't bother trying to install the front nut. Instead secure the front half of the new lights with 3M super strength double sided tape (the tape used to install emblems and trim). You will also need some Gorilla tape or electrical tape to secure the new wiring harness to the old bulb socket. The finished product looks really cool against the Meteorite Silver V8VS. I am glad it did it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Astonlights1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	431672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Astonlights2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	431673  
Old 11-01-2015, 08:00 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
I love these! Is jacking the car required or can It be done just moving the wheel? Would get these in a heartbeat if I cant figure out where to get this installed in Los Angeles.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:12 PM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jateshk
I love these! Is jacking the car required or can It be done just moving the wheel? Would get these in a heartbeat if I cant figure out where to get this installed in Los Angeles.
No jacking required. I turned the wheels to get access to the two Phillips head screws that secure the liner.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:25 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Thanks. Is there a step by step somewhere?

If no jacking required I may get this and try to install.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:35 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Just did mine this weekend with the help of a forum member (shout out to Batman!).

Pros - they look insanely good, especially against my meteorite silver. It gives the front end a much cleaner look when the lights are off, and the color of the LEDs matches the DRL LEDs in the headlights perfectly. A really nice mod for a couple hundred bucks.

Cons - they are a total PITA to install as others have said. You definitely need the ratcheting flex head 10mm, and, for me, I found it was helpful to jack the car up to get more clearance.

The air filter housings are RIGHT up against the studs and you have very little room to maneuver. be prepared to test your patience and rough up your fingers to get this in.

You need to pre-thread the studs, but be careful. I was a little too cavalier on one stud and the cut cut straight through. I ended up using some 3M double sided tape to get that side to stick and used only one nut to secure the light. It feels rock solid so if you don't want to mess around with the nuts and getting them back on, I think double sided tape could work.

You could always use the double sided tape as a temporary install and then bolt them on when you change the air-filters. I may have the local dealer tech secure it more properly when I have the air-filter service done.

I honestly had a world of trouble getting them in and am envious of those of you on here who have said you got them in under an hour.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:29 PM
wem
Originally Posted by jateshk
Thanks. Is there a step by step somewhere?

If no jacking required I may get this and try to install.
The part is available on post #1. I found the postings starting with #27 to be the most helpful. The link for the 10 mm flex head ratchet is on post #29. Post #32 is also pretty important regarding the wiring harness. For me the right side (passenger side in the US) was a little easier to do than the driver's side. The space between the bulb housing, the front nut, and the air filter housing are super tight. Even with the 10mm flex head ratchet, I was only able to loosen the front nut one or two clicks at a time. It would have taken even more time, but the plastic stud on the front nut broke before I was completely done (doesn't matter since you won't be reinstalling the old lights). I checked the double stick tape again this morning. It is on rock solid (I used tape for the front half, and installed the nut on the rear). The 3M tape I used was not the white foam tape. It is the super strength, thin dark gray with the red protective cover. I used two layers (1 on the metal body of the car and the other on the plastic replacement lights). It will be a VERY frustrating job, but it looks amazing. My wife was shocked at how much cleaner the front end looks compared with the original setup.

Last edited by wem; 11-02-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:38 PM
adnanm3 can only hope to improve
Does anyone have a source for the OEM markers? I can't seem to find any online. I need to replace mine as one was cracked during a fender bender.

Would anyone that has upgraded be willing to sell your original ones? Please let me know. Thanks!

Old 12-10-2015, 09:33 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adnanm3
Does anyone have a source for the OEM markers?
Check Aston Martin Bits dot
Com. I saw front markers there earlier

Old 12-10-2015, 10:44 AM
adnanm3 can only hope to improve
Thanks for the source! Luckily, one member was nice enough to offer sending me theirs already.

Prices on AM-bits seem great - I'm wondering how shipping will be to the US. I also need a bumper mesh for my front bumper and will see how their shipping quote goes.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
I just ordered a set of these LED markers. I hate amber!

I also have new air filters waiting to go in. Will replacing the marker lights be easier to do if done at the same time as replacing the air filters?

Old 12-16-2015, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
I just ordered a set of these LED markers. I hate amber!

I also have new air filters waiting to go in. Will replacing the marker lights be easier to do if done at the same time as replacing the air filters?
No real impact doing together or separate.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:23 PM
troyboy1 is on a distinguished road
I bought them they look great and also work well with the headlight led's. Highly recommend them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried these new black markers?