Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Has anyone tried these new black markers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Has anyone tried these new black markers?

Looking at possibilities to mod my car, I'm pretty set on getting rid of the ugly ambers and possibly removing all red too.

As far as I know the only option until now was vcollection. I did a bit of searching and found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASTON-MARTIN-DB9-DBS-VANTAGE-RAPIDE-VIRAGE-LED-FRONT-BUMPER-LIGHTS-BLACK-/121201702558?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Make%3AAston+Martin&hash=item1c382f369e&vxp= mtr

Apparently they're made by HELIX. I wonder if they have them in clear/white. They have a bad photo in ther facebook page.

Has anyone tried them?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-14-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:44 AM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
I would spray tint the originals

Old 03-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DonBond
I would spray tint the originals
Well, then you're left with a black/orange marker that looks nasty...

Old 03-05-2014, 10:30 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Apply some Lamin-X tinted film over the originals.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:13 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Those look cheap and cheap. The LED nodes are visible and just look too Kragen.

Are you after clear/crystal or dark/black?

What your car might really like is keep the red tails and markers and add red to your calipers. Looks like you have Tungsten, which is a great color and looks great set off with the red lenses and red calipers. If you go all clear/crystal, you end up in a near monochrome pallet with no accents. Some people like that. It isn't horrible. But I love the way my reds pop, especially the calipers behind the dark wheel spokes. YMMV

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-14-2017 at 09:09 PM. Reason: edited for tone and cluing in
Old 03-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by IbisRider
Those look cheap and cheap. The LED nodes are visible and just look too Kragen.

Are you after clear/crystal or dark/black?

What your car might really like is keep the red tails and markers and add red to your calipers. Looks like you have Tungsten, which is a great color and looks great set off with the red lenses and red calipers. If you go all clear/crystal, you end up in a near monochrome pallet with no accents. Some people like that. It isn't horrible. But I love the way my reds pop, especially the calipers behind the dark wheel spokes. YMMV
Interesting (and cheaper!) proposition

I definitely want the ambers out though. I'm adverse to amber

Old 02-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Jeff1smith is on a distinguished road
I bought the black markers and put them on my DB9. They look great. I posted a thread on installation

Old 02-09-2015, 12:17 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I just put them on my Vantage S. Perfect fit and a huge improvement over the cheap orange single bulb.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:05 AM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
I have a set of these, that I'm thinking of installing on my car. I believe Karlfranz has them on his new car also (its where I first saw them).

Honestly they look a little like the headlight LED unit. I do believe they blend well on darker grey and black. I'm not convinced they will look as good on my stratus white.

Truly, the best white markers I've seen are the V Collection ones. However they haven't been in stock for a while

Old 02-09-2015, 08:07 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Here's what they look like on my car with the lights off and on:

Old 02-09-2015, 10:53 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Karl your garage floor looks fantastic is it flowed epoxy?

Old 02-09-2015, 12:33 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ Thanx. Yes, it is. It makes it so much more pleasant to work in.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Thinking on pulling the trigger but the installation difficulty has me at bay... :/

Old 02-09-2015, 06:30 PM
juanilovantage-s is on a distinguished road
Karl,
Those look awesome! Where can I get some?

Old 02-09-2015, 06:32 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by juanilovantage-s
Karl,
Those look awesome! Where can I get some?
See the original post

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried these new black markers?