Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

ABS / DSC Warnings - limp mode? 2007 V8V ASM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 12:54 PM
dmose is on a distinguished road
ABS / DSC Warnings - limp mode? 2007 V8V ASM

Greetings,

My 2007 V8V was softly hit a few weeks back on the front right side in a parking garage. There is very minor damage to the front right fender (slight bending, very slight) and cracked the side marker. The Headlight case etc is all in tact... for the most part everything else is fine.

I've been driving the car since that for a few weeks, then recently my car started to exhibit some strange behavior and I'm wondering if it could be electrical or something else?

-I started the car one night and the radio would not turn on... after stopping/restarted everything was fine. This is the first time I've ever seen the car do this.

-I slipped the DSC doing a hard turn slightly and then I got a Christmas tree (see image)

ABS / DSC lights come on with a warning "traction control turned off". In this mode, the car does not downshift in sport mode (ASM) ... and it won't go into reverse! Is this the car in "limp mode" ?

I found that hitting the battery reset switch got rid of the DSC warning...which takes the car out of limp mode, but ABS light stays on. After 10 starts, everything goes away.

I then did another "hard turn" and slipped the rear wheels a bit... and again, Christmas lights all over and limp mode.... Anyone else have something similar happen? Honestly the lights don't bother me..its the retarded No-Reverse that absolutely drives me crazy.

I have the car at the dealership waiting for a scan but wanted to be proactive.

FUSE22 has been removed for over a year

http://imgur.com/RSyZna1

Old 05-12-2014, 01:31 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Sounds more like your battery is dead than anything to do with your fender bender.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
I had a similar problem. Check your abs wheel sensors. It can give off x mas tree lights as well.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Vergis
I had a similar problem. Check your abs wheel sensors. It can give off x mas tree lights as well.
Did you have the same no downshift/no reverse issue as well??

Old 05-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Mine is a manual. However I have heard of there being an ecu or similiar located behind the fender that can effect the electronics. But I am not sure if it was the ecu for the roof mechanism. Is your car a soft top ?

Karl could be right. It could be the battery.

Last edited by Vergis; 05-12-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:12 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Vergis
Mine is a manual. However I have heard of there being an ecu or similiar located behind the fender that can effect the electronics. But I am not sure if it was the ecu for the roof mechanism. Is your car a soft top ?

Karl could be right. It could be the battery.
Having just installed carbon side strakes, and painted the mesh's; I can confirm there is an ECU in the front right fender. We had to loosen and move it slightly to get access to the strakes/mesh.

It's possible something in this area was loosened by the contact. Not saying this is the case, just maybe possible

Old 06-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Just an update .. replaced the battery and magically all negative electrical symptoms vanished I would high recommend it to anyone still on their original for older model V8's

Old 06-13-2014, 09:38 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
First recommendation I always tell people when they start having extremely odd electrical behavior. Glad it worked for you.