Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Problem with AM Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Problem with AM Beverly Hills

In the process of taking my used 09 Vantage to Lake Forest, I had asked for them to get the service records for my car as I do not have them. You would think this would be a natural thing to get at any dealer - even if I had a Yugo! Below is a copy of the formal complaint I just lodged with AM corporate:

Sorry to bother you again, but I have another problem (pretty critical) with another California Aston Martin Dealer!I’m taking my 09 Vantage to Lake Forest next week for it’s under warranty service.I did not get any service records when I bought it from Newport Beach AM, but I figured when I’d bring it in, those records are at AM dealers where the car was serviced, just like Ford, Chevy and Chrysler… right?WRONG!!!!The car was serviced at Beverly Hills Aston Martin, they refused to give the past service records on my vantage (as a reminder, the original invoice with the VIN number is attached).I’d expect this treatment from a Fisker Dealer, but what gives?Don’t you have certain requirements for your dealerships – especially when these cars transition across continents as they resell??

Anyone else on this forum run into this type of problem?

Old 06-04-2014, 10:29 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
I'm guessing Beverly Hills AM didn't want to take the time to block out customer information on the service records before scanning and sending.

Chris

Old 06-04-2014, 11:32 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Normal. You won't get private service records unless the dealer is very kind and takes the time to redact the owner's details. However, SBs or recalls, they can access at all dealers.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:40 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Actually its a law the dealers are not suppose to give you the records if you did not service it your self. Just think of it logically the old records have the name address, phone number of the previous owner.

In fact this is not a Aston thing, ive gotten turned down for records with BMW, Mercedes etc.

Thus the reason to always make a friend with the sales people. They can usually get it for you (but they are not suppose to)

Old 06-04-2014, 11:41 AM
BTW i think you are referring to Ogarra Coach Beverly Hills. I live about a mile away from them.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:54 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Standard legal practice, don't get offended by it. Ogara is an awesome dealership and very stand up guys, but if you aren't the actual customer they cannot give you another customers info (just like a doctor cannot give you someone else's medical records).

It is frustrating, but c'est la vie

Old 06-04-2014, 11:57 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
all they need to do is block out the owners info. But it takes time to do that and since you're not potentially buying from them, no real incentive for them to do it.

Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Standard legal practice, don't get offended by it. Ogara is an awesome dealership and very stand up guys, but if you aren't the actual customer they cannot give you another customers info (just like a doctor cannot give you someone else's medical records).

It is frustrating, but c'est la vie

Old 06-04-2014, 12:03 PM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
With my corvette I could walk into any GM service department asking for a VIS report. This would show every action taken on the vehicle by any GM dealer - Reports oil changes, recalls, inspections, brake changes, warranty items, if the car was towed, etc. No previous owner information is on the report.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I got an answer from AM: Because of 'privacy laws' - well I never asked to share who owned the car just he maintenance. If AM cannot afford a computer system that saves such basic data that can be sent without a name of the owner, I'd be floored in this day and age. This is my response:

I understand releasing the customer’s names and contact information, but maintenance of your cars?My used Audi, the dealer had instant access to exactly the work done on the car, same thing with every vehicle I’ve ever owned. I need to know if the clutch has been done, brakes, etc.I don’t need to know if Joe Smith owned the car.I cannot believe that routine maintenance and service on a car I own could possibly break any law.Another example – I’ve owned 12 planes – I know every nut and bolt touched on those planes – when and who worked on it.Not breaking any laws there.I have a right to know the service history – what work has been done to the car.If there is a law that applies I’d challenge anyone to show it to me.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:53 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I got an answer from AM: Because of 'privacy laws' - well I never asked to share who owned the car just he maintenance. If AM cannot afford a computer system that saves such basic data that can be sent without a name of the owner, I'd be floored in this day and age. This is my response:

I understand releasing the customer’s names and contact information, but maintenance of your cars?My used Audi, the dealer had instant access to exactly the work done on the car, same thing with every vehicle I’ve ever owned. I need to know if the clutch has been done, brakes, etc.I don’t need to know if Joe Smith owned the car.I cannot believe that routine maintenance and service on a car I own could possibly break any law.Another example – I’ve owned 12 planes – I know every nut and bolt touched on those planes – when and who worked on it.Not breaking any laws there.I have a right to know the service history – what work has been done to the car.If there is a law that applies I’d challenge anyone to show it to me.

This is a real shame.....this comes up a lot with used Ferrari's as well, and it really depends on the dealership as to, if they are willing to help out and block out the names and give copies of the records.
You would think a sales person would try to help out a future customer. Oh well.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately AM systems are not linked. And based on your emails i dont think you will get anywhere with it. I was going to buy a car from them and they still refused to give me the history.

However they should be able to tell you the history over the phone but if you are going to threaten them i dont think they will do that. I Would try and play the nice card with them and ask them what services have been done.

Originally Posted by Prefurbia

Old 06-05-2014, 12:31 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
AM Dallas did the same to me. Not making any services to the brand they represent, any of these bozos.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:01 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yankee04
With my corvette I could walk into any GM service department asking for a VIS report. This would show every action taken on the vehicle by any GM dealer - Reports oil changes, recalls, inspections, brake changes, warranty items, if the car was towed, etc. No previous owner information is on the report.
Jaguar is the same. I have always been able to get prior service history on my Jags; everything that was done to them. In fact, I use Henry (my SA) at my local Jag dealer as a "Carfax" of sorts on Jags I was looking to purchase. I would give him the last 6 of the VIN and he would pull the service history for me.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:23 AM
Lake Forest did reach out to Beverly Hills, and they refused to supply information, so we did reach out to them nicely. If service reps from Aston to Aston cannot communicate that is a real problem! These cars are the prices of a nice used airplane and not to get a service record is utterly absurd - especially when they have been serviced by an Aston dealer. What this tells me is that once the warranty is over, why pay the extra for an Aston dealer to service the car if the records are sealed?

Old 06-05-2014, 09:42 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
This sucks. Sorry to hear. I had experiences where dealers just need a proof that I own the car before they released the records.

The other way is contact AM Newport. Ask them if they can contact the previous owner and have that owner contact AM Beverly Hills.

It's worth a shot.