Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

SRS plug underneath the seats...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 05:45 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
SRS plug underneath the seats...

Hey guys,

Some guy drove my seat and put it in a very funky position which then set off SRS again. Using the Autel does clear the code but then the code comes back. I want to resolve the issues instead of keeping doing the bandaid solution. Can anyone take a picture and explain exactly which plus it is under the seats. If an get to the plugs underneath the drivers seat because the seat can move up. E passenger seat cannot do this so it's much harder to get to.

The Autel said it was one of the drivers side signals that was missing, but everyone keeps saying its underneath the passenger side. I know it's just a silly little issue with the plugs which is why I don't want to have to take it down to the dealership bc they will just start replacing stuff left and right without actually diagnosing the plug issue.

Any help is appreciated

Lesson learned, never let anyone else drive my car

Old 10-27-2014, 08:11 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Hey guys,

Some guy drove my seat and put it in a very funky position which then set off SRS again. Using the Autel does clear the code but then the code comes back. I want to resolve the issues instead of keeping doing the bandaid solution. Can anyone take a picture and explain exactly which plus it is under the seats. If an get to the plugs underneath the drivers seat because the seat can move up. E passenger seat cannot do this so it's much harder to get to.

The Autel said it was one of the drivers side signals that was missing, but everyone keeps saying its underneath the passenger side. I know it's just a silly little issue with the plugs which is why I don't want to have to take it down to the dealership bc they will just start replacing stuff left and right without actually diagnosing the plug issue.

Any help is appreciated

Lesson learned, never let anyone else drive my car
I've got the "SRS Airbag Service Urgent" along with the "Passenger Airbag Off" message a few times, and each time it was when a passenger moved the seat too far back. As you know there are sensors and they can get pressed causing the error. Another great Aston quirk - though I'd assume one with a bit more liability than they'd like - had I crashed with this error and my passenger been badly hurt due to a failure of the airbag to deploy... well let's just say that's how recalls happen.

Also, no need for an OBD device to reset. Simply move the seat a bit and wait a minute - the service message will go away. Not sure if driver side is the same, but it could be either the tilt of the seat back or the seat itself. Just move it a bit and see if that helps?

Anyone know if there is an official "fix" for this or if it's just something we have to live with?

Old 10-28-2014, 07:21 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
May aid in your situation

See post #14...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tire-swap.html

Old 10-30-2014, 08:13 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Hey Don,

Thanks for the link, is that under your passenger or drivers side? Looking from front or rear?

Old 10-30-2014, 08:14 AM
Hey Midwest,

This one seems to be different than that. Mine has done that in past too but I will try to jiggle a few plugs and go from there.

Thx

Old 10-30-2014, 01:32 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Hey Don,

Thanks for the link, is that under your passenger or drivers side? Looking from front or rear?
USA drivers side, looking from under the front of the seat towards the rear...

Old 11-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Hey Don,

Good news, you were correct. For some reason my SRS cable was super tight... To the point it was tugging on the plug. So I pulled a little bit of slack out of the main cable harness (really thick stiff bundle of cables) and moved it closer to the side of the SRS plug. There is now enough slack to where it is not being tugged on.

I have reset it and done 3 full cycles with no issues. Previously it would go off right away even with having just cleared the codes, so it appears to have fixed the issue thankfully.

Thanks again for your great input Don!

Old 11-03-2014, 11:34 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Great to hear, thanks for the follow-up!

Old 11-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Hey Don,

Good news, you were correct. For some reason my SRS cable was super tight... To the point it was tugging on the plug. So I pulled a little bit of slack out of the main cable harness (really thick stiff bundle of cables) and moved it closer to the side of the SRS plug. There is now enough slack to where it is not being tugged on.

I have reset it and done 3 full cycles with no issues. Previously it would go off right away even with having just cleared the codes, so it appears to have fixed the issue thankfully.

Thanks again for your great input Don!
Glad it was the "simple fix" like mine .