Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Outside Temperature display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 12:58 PM
corveight is on a distinguished road
Outside Temperature display

I don't have an outside temperature display as I have seen on the displays of other DB9's. Mine is a 2005 should there be one?

Old 12-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Could be 1 of 2 issues, either the ambient temp sensor is bad and not functioning, which I highly doubt becasue you would also be complaining of the battery not charging..The other possible which is suspect, you have an early model that had a known issue with the need for a software update...go to the dealer, they'll flash the car and I'm sure you will be good to go after that...believe it was the CCM that required the updated flash

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-08-2014, 08:06 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Can the outside temp display be change to a digital clock display (in the instrument read-out)? I've seen this on the 2014 vehicles.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:15 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Probably not your problem but kind of related: I was getting false readings from my outside temp display. Turns out a mud wasp or something like that had built a nest inside the sensor. Cleaned it out and now it's reading properly.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Can the outside temp display be change to a digital clock display (in the instrument read-out)? I've seen this on the 2014 vehicles.
No..

The display for the ambient temp will be in the center stack...

On the newer cars with Beru for TPMS, yes there is ambient temp and a clock in the cluster also.. To have this on an older car though, might work if you had a good engineering contact at HQ in Gaydon to reprogram the CEM and cluster to work with an older model........which would be unlikely ..LOL ..But that would be your only possible way that I see>

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-09-2014, 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by irish07
Could be 1 of 2 issues, either the ambient temp sensor is bad and not functioning, which I highly doubt becasue you would also be complaining of the battery not charging..The other possible which is suspect, you have an early model that had a known issue with the need for a software update...go to the dealer, they'll flash the car and I'm sure you will be good to go after that...believe it was the CCM that required the updated flash
How does the ATS cause the battery not to charge?

Old 12-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by corveight
How does the ATS cause the battery not to charge?
PCM uses ambient temp to figure out the possible battery temp(don't forget battery is in car..ever seen a battery explode?), if the PCM thinks the battery might be cooking if charged at 14V(large amount of fumes and maybe explode), the PCM will pull back charging voltage to 12V..at 12V your battery is not going to charge, battery is going to slowly drain with the vehicle running and all those nice accessories loading up

It can stop the convert top from working, trans from shifting, and of course screw the hvac system entirely..etc..The ambient temp sensor controls EVERYTHING!!!!

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 05-31-2015, 06:20 AM
Finally got to the dealer and had the programming done. I now have an outside temperature display. The strange thing is when I turn the a/c to low the outside display reads anywhere between 18 and 25 degrees? Any ideas

Old 06-01-2015, 02:14 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Learn the Metric system, your in Celsius.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
If you want to convert the temp to F, key in turned off, hold down radio presets 4+5 together, still holding presets turn on the key to position II..temp should change from C to F or vise versa if F to C with in 5 seconds

Old 06-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Let me clarify. The temperature is in Fahrenheit. The number changes to a number that doesn't coincide with Celsius. I am familiar with both units of measure. The change only happens when I turn the temperature setting to low. If I set the temperature to 60 or higher it reads correctly.