Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Throttle accentuation issue.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 11:02 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Throttle actuater issue.

Registered A "Red Triangle" fault for Throttle Actuater fault. Cleared it returned once in the last week, it is accompanied by a sluggish throttle response. Anyone else experience? Will post resolution for future reference.

Last edited by oo7; 12-31-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:46 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Did the throttle body go bad?

Old 12-31-2015, 07:37 AM
oo7
Not sure of anything yet. Going to make a few more calls today and take my indie garage that does all my work. The code is P2106 -powertrain Throttle Actuator Control system- Forced Limited Power. First non typical issue for me, can not really complain, have 84k miles

Old 12-31-2015, 03:28 PM
oo7
Have been told butterfly gets "gunked up" and will cause an issue.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
That fault usually stores when another fault is dangerous to the engine..so the throttle is forced to shut down..

You can have a transmission fault with ASM equipped and also store this fault, which dtc will not pop up on a generic scan..

When ever I've had JUST a throttle go bad..this code was accompanied by a throttle correlation fault

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-01-2016, 04:05 PM
oo7
Thanks for the input irish07, most appreciated. Mine is a manual and the triangle is accompanied by hesitation at idle coasting no throttle, but no diminished power otherwise. I am going to thoroughly clean the butterfly tomorrow morning and drive. Fault only occurred in the cold, not after hot. I read that my driving style and bad gas may be causing an issue with the butterfly sticking. Any further input would be most appreciated and I will post updates/solution.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oo7
Thanks for the input irish07, most appreciated. Mine is a manual and the triangle is accompanied by hesitation at idle coasting no throttle, but no diminished power otherwise. I am going to thoroughly clean the butterfly tomorrow morning and drive. Fault only occurred in the cold, not after hot. I read that my driving style and bad gas may be causing an issue with the butterfly sticking. Any further input would be most appreciated and I will post updates/solution.
It doesn't heart to have it cleaned..I take them off and clean them with a old tooth brush and throttle body cleaner spray NOT something is also good got care cleaning, not the same.
Then after reinstalling, wait a few seconds with the ignition on and you'll hear the throttle body clicking.. That's the initial calibration done on every start for the throttle body.

As for driving style, I don't see this being an issue unless you drive around like a 120 year old man who doesn't push the throttle past 20%.. Driving hard or moderately aggressive, doesn't cause idle or stalling and gunk things up "as much".

Old 01-01-2016, 07:39 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by irish07
unless you drive around like a 120 year old man who doesn't push the throttle past 20%.. Driving hard or moderately aggressive, doesn't cause idle or stalling and gunk things up "as much".
Uhhh, I guess I'd better get a heavier right foot.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:46 PM
oo7
Ok, I do drive like an old man... I had planned on taking apart and cleaning manually, however my ignorance of how to open the clip prevented me as I was afraid I would break it, and had no replacement. I purchased an expensive can of highly recommended cleaner to ad to the fuel made by the carb cleaner company, added it to 3/4 tank of gas and drove like a youngster, of course only after car reached temp. Actually saw that funny light that comes on when revs approach limit, lord knows how much gas I burned through in that endeavor. Seems to have cleared up the problem. I had filled up a few times at convenience stores, not by choice, and hoping the cheap gas may be the culprit. Thanks again irish07 for the input and advice. I believe in the future I may drive in a more spirited fashion.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:25 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
"My car is acting up."
"Beat it like a redheaded stepchild."
"Hey it worked. It's behaving now."

(no offense to redheads, stepchildren, or combinations thereof)

Old 01-03-2016, 05:08 PM
oo7
Problem has abated. I will have it cleaned more thoroughly next servicing. Side note, as per irish07 remarks I wait to hear the reset clicks of the butterfly before engaging the starter. I am becoming more accustomed to seeing over 2k revs on the tach, though had to talk my way out of a ticket tonite, TG the young trooper liked the car...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.