Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Winter and time for a pause...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 01:59 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Winter and time for a pause...

But here's a nice story....

I'm making my way home, and I'm toying with one of those silly Hundai sports car looking things decides he want to grad the tail of the tiger. Needless to say, I'm in the midst of toying with him (i.e., I sprint and allow him to catch up and then I sprint again).

Well, I hit my gas and move from the right and lane and around a truck, and what do I see in the corner of my eye as a go past. Oh snap, Po-Po!!

I am sure I passed him doing better than 120. No problem, so I ease of the gas and coast down.

Po-Po jumps on my tail and begins to follow me. I check my speedo and cruise along for a bit making sure I don't exceed the speed limit.

Eventually, he get's tired of it and pulls me over. Prior to him pulling me over, I get out my wallet, turn on the interior lights and wait for him to come over to me. The exchange that ensues is classic.

The Good Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?

Me: Nope.

The Good Officer: (looking perplexed).

Me: No. There are various reason for which you could have pulled me over.

The Good Officer: Sighs....

Me: Listen, I have the upmost respect for the job you do and I understand that your job is difficult. I just feel I need to get that out there.

The Good Officer: Okaaaaaaaay....

The Good Officer: So you have no idea why I'm pulling you over.

Me: I am not trying to be difficult, but I am not trying to make any incriminating statements.

The Good Officer: Incriminating statements, huh....

Me: Yes, I'm an attorney and I understand that I have a right to remain silent. In fact, I don't even have to engage you here.

(in all of this, I've provided my license. However, my registration and insurance are in th glove box).

The Good Officer: Insurance and registration please.

Me: Okay, they're in the glove box. I'm reaching now.... I provide him with my registration.

Officer: Reviews the documents.... Listen, I was doing 55 and you flew past me.

Me: Ok

Officer: But, but...

Me: Ok, I do know I went past you....

Officer: Visibly frustrated says.... You went past me...

Me: That may be so, but that doesn't say how fast I was going.... I mean, listen, this is a question of evidence...

Officer: Smiling now, You're talking like a lawyer....

Me: That's because AM an attorney.... (just as frustrated, btw).

Me: Listen, if you ask me a question, I'm going to answer a certain way. I am not trying to be difficult here but it's the way I'm trained.

(at this point, we are both smiling and laughing at the situation we're in).

The Good Officer: Walks to the rear of the car, checks the plates against the registration and comes back.... Listen, it's kind of late... At this hour, just take it easy....

Me: Nodding in agreement...

The Good Officer: Clearly admiring "Yellow Tail" sys, "Happy Holidays" and hand me papers....

Me: Thank you Officer and reply "Strength and Honor". He smiles and we part ways.

The moral of the story... I don't have one....

Old 01-16-2016, 06:46 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
Great story , although it comes off as contrived and arrogant...just sayin.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:12 PM
Mark8V8 will become famous soon enoughMark8V8 will become famous soon enough
Lucky he let you go. Most Officers do not like attorneys for good reason. And that is putting it mildly, but I am trained that way.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:05 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Do you think he had evidence that you were speeding and that you intimidated him into not giving you a ticket? Or do you think that he didn't have evidence and was planning to give you a bogus ticket, but that you intimidated him into not giving you a ticket? TBH, I am not quite sure what you are trying to achieve by telling this story, except to garner the responses you have received up to this point...

Old 01-17-2016, 05:03 AM
alexhuth will become famous soon enough
Your car stomps the Hyundai even when standing still, just let them dream how fast you really are.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:40 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by spinecho
Do you think he had evidence that you were speeding and that you intimidated him into not giving you a ticket? Or do you think that he didn't have evidence and was planning to give you a bogus ticket, but that you intimidated him into not giving you a ticket?
He had zero evidence. He knew it and I knew it. It was a regular squad car that just happened to be on the highway. Now if it was highway patrol, or a state trooper, I would have been done.

As for those finding the negative to the story, can't someone just tell a funny story without there being all this "shade".

I guess if I were to tell you it was at night, I was moving through an area know as a dumping ground for stolen cars and that I don't fit the "visual" profile for driving such cars, then perhaps you would realize that what was merely a routine stop could have turned out to be something a lot worse....

But carry on.... A lot of people hate attorneys until their rights get stomped on.... As for our police officers, I'm going to take the position that they're to be respected and honored for the job they do. After all, it's a tough, thankless job. What's more, they are what stands between the criminals knocking down our doors and wrecking havoc in society.

Peace

Old 01-17-2016, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Swoody
Great story , although it comes off as contrived and arrogant...just sayin.
Said the man who feels the need to post the cars he's owned and sold, like most give a flying hoot... IJS

2011 911 GTS. Plat. Silver, Carrera Red
2009 V8V, Fire Red, Obsidian Black (sold)
2007 911 turbo, Carrara White, Terracotta (sold)

Old 01-18-2016, 05:39 PM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
My "no ticket" story

The time was a fall, Saturday morning, 1960. I was a college sophomore which meant, I knew everything.

Had a new girlfriend I was trying to impress. Picked her up from her central Jersey home in my much modded 1956 Thunderbird. ( My Dad had labeled it a HOT ROD.)

Was taking her to a Villanova (my school) vs. Army football game at West Point, N.Y. We were northbound on the then newish Garden State Parkway. Clearing Newark's northern suburbs, the road was empty, except for us.

The limit was 50, very confining to a car and driver who had been comfortable at more than 120. So I floored it and quickly reached 100. Held it just 30 seconds or so, then coasted back to 50.

Almost immediately in my rear view mirror in the distance was the broad face of a New Jersey State Chrysler 300 cruiser/interceptor. Where did he come from? Why no lights and siren? It was a bright cool day, but that T bird cabin had suddenly gotten a lot warmer.

John Law, with his hemi powered machine had established a 'station' 50 yards off my bumper and was pacing me...seemingly for a long, long time. Finally the lights came on, he was running out of his jurisdiction.

Do you know why I pulled you over?...the classic cop line.

He is kind of a talker, must be lonesome in a cruiser with nobody to chase. He tells us he had been southbound from the boarder when he spied my visage through the forest like median of the Parkway. He had done an "officials only" U turn...he wanted to see if I would do it again. Just a glimpse told him I was too fast.

"I was just doing the limit, officer. You know my speed, you have been right behind us for some time."

Following some extensive 'nice car' conversation, both cars involved in this game are pretty cool, he says,"really, how fast were you going? I won't give you a ticket!"

"100", I say.

"Keep to the limit son, have a good time at the game", said the good State Trooper.

Villanova lost, but it was close as I remember.

I never called the girl again.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:57 PM
alexhuth will become famous soon enough
And the value of storytelling shows its bravado once again! Love it.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:49 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Haha great stories guys. I had a few good / close calls too, but after bragging about them for the longest time I now have terrible times with cops. Guaranteed every time I get pulled over I get nail with a ticket