Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Feedback on VelocityAP Sport Lowering Springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 10:10 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by impulsiv
This make sense. This answers my questioning about why my car(09 w/sport s.) was sitting so low with VAP springs.
You setup seems to be the same as mine. Thanks for the feedback!

You mentioned, the picture you share was with the springs just installed and before you drove her.
Could you share more pictures of your car since is should be settled now.

Even PM or link would be appreciated.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
It's in a bit of shadow unfortunately, but this pic of a freshly installed set of VelocityAP springs installed on a 2009 Sportpack might be what some of you are looking for.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-17-2016, 10:30 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
It's worth mentioning here as well, our spring manufacturer (and in fact pretty much all of them) will tell you that the industry standard is roughly 4mm in loaded height. So what we have measured as roughly 22mm being the median, could produce 20 or 24mm also.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-17-2016, 10:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Zettinger
I'm on the fence.
From the pictures above, my stock Sport pack Vantage sits pretty much at the same height.

I met my car buddies last night and 2 out of 5 thought my Vanatge sits lower than this:

Do we have other lowering springs options besides H&R (don't work with Sport pack) and VAP (not lower than stock)?
We have supplied the VelocityAP Sportpack springs to quite a few people with later MY Sportpack cars and they have all come out lower than stock.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-17-2016, 10:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Here is a couple pictures with the new springs. Before and after. Also changing from stock 19" wheels to 20" wheels with a better offset.

Before

After
Do you mind if I steal these for our website?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 05-31-2021, 02:58 PM
MCinYQB is an unknown quantity at this point
That's my car! :)

Originally Posted by impulsiv
VAP springs on sport suspension, 2009 V8V:

Attachment 487540

Can't tell for the ride, I have not driven it since installation...
Hey Impulsiv, just got new tires for the car and they aligned the car to stock. I need to go over specs. I have the sheet of your last alignment will go with this. Today found that stock made the rear end on wet a little squirrely. Looked at this pic and "Hey that's my car" It drives great. Thanks for all your mods.