Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Test Drove the Mercedes GTS

Old 05-21-2016, 03:22 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Test Drove the Mercedes GTS

Let me put it this way, apart from straight line acceleration and torque, I am not sold.

Here's a hint, don't leave your Vantage Aston Martin for that car....

Old 05-21-2016, 08:19 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Haven't driven the GTS, but I do have the #1 spot for the AMG GTR coming out next year... Going to get a drop top V12 instead of my originally planned coupe as my around town GT. Nothing will feel as special as on Aston so it's not fair to compare it in that context, but as a performance car and a potential track toy it's probably the best bang per buck out there... I'm buying the AMG-GTR purely as a track rat.

Now the real tough choice is a drop top V12 Vanquish or V12S vantage

Old 05-23-2016, 06:50 PM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Vanquish is a true GT while the V12VS is the true sportscar of the lineup. Both gorgeous and quick. Tough issue to deal with...

Old 05-24-2016, 08:43 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fancy Pants
Considering the Vantage is beyond slow compared to the GTS and makes far less torque your point makes no sense.

Reading is fundamental. Notice I used the word "apart", which means I addressed the obvious.

Of course, there are a variety of intangibles that an Aston Martin presents over a Mercedes, but you're telling me you couldn't glean that from what I "said"?

Last edited by terminal_ac; 05-24-2016 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:49 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
the benz is just a stamped out product, not a real car like any aston

Old 05-24-2016, 05:40 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I agree, the Astons are way more special and have a special place in my heart. I just could not track an Aston, I love it too much to abuse it like that. The AMG I have zero qualms pushing it to the limits on track guilt free, that's what it's designed for. No point in having two coupes so I have switched my Aston plans to a volante so I can at least drop the top down in the good weather months and enjoy that exhaust note even more

If only those 2015 vanquishes would drop faster (still to rich knowing there's a lot of depreciation left before they flatline) .... In meantime I may get a temporary Aston to hold me over (perhaps V8 GT roadster or V12S roadster)

Old 05-25-2016, 08:05 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I just can't get past the styling. I think it's one of the absolutely worst-designed cars on the road. I say "one of" because the Pontiac Aztec still exists.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
There are a few in Minneapolis I've seen up close. You know how

Old 05-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Sorry... I phone, some cars look bad the first time y

Old 05-25-2016, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=p

Old 05-25-2016, 08:49 PM
You know how when you first see some cars and they don't look good at first but as you see them more and more they get more attractive. I AMG GT's that I've seen in town don't seem to get more attractive the more I see them. They have very odd proportions, and I don't like the interiors either.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:10 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
The dimensions look like something from a different era. The '30's perhaps?

Old 07-18-2016, 01:38 AM
geh065 will become famous soon enoughgeh065 will become famous soon enough
Drove a GTS yesterday. I must say, the sound was amazing. Everything else....well lets just say I won't be getting one. The turbo lag was not good. The steering was a little too feelingless for my liking. I was not wow-ed. The sound is the only thing going for it but if I wanted the sound I would get the C63. At least I can put my children in it!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:30 AM
I drove the GTS last week and also few weeks back at the new Vegas speedway... I must say I was blown away with how good it is. No it's not the same as an older 4.3 or 4.7. But for the future of Aston Martin it will be amazing. Also the new Vantage will have a manual transmission option. That 4.0TT with a manual will be awesome combo.

I put deposit down for the new AMG GTR in Feb and have the first allocation spot in Texas. I am very excited for it. However, I will still be getting an NA Aston... I simply miss them way too much, nothing like them on the planet. This time I will be getting my first volante now that it will be my GT versus my track toy

Very excited for both