Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM MY09 DBS TPMS Fault Defeat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 08:18 AM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
AM MY09 DBS TPMS Fault Defeat

Earlier this week I ordered the TPMS Fault Defeat Harness from the online store at redpants and received it in two days. Installation was quick and easy. I thought I might need a tie wrap or two but the Harness fits right above the carpet edge with no concerns regarding chaffing. TPMS is not required for PA State Inspection so this is an EXCELLENT alternative to having to live with a nuisance light or a trip to the dealership since the software to reprogram the sensors post installation is proprietary. It is also totally reversible. I highly recommend this application. Wish I had thought of it myself...

Thank you telum01

Old 06-18-2016, 08:00 PM
ab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of light
I'm still considering whether to defeat the warning or to pay up for new sensors. Also, considering the lightweight battery upgrade as I'm pretty sure my 2007 battery is due to die soon. (I think it's original???)

Also, to telum01 / Rich The link at the bottom of your shop page is self-referential instead of to the DIY page. See screenshot:

Old 06-18-2016, 09:53 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drivergmx
Earlier this week I ordered the TPMS Fault Defeat Harness from the online store at redpants and received it in two days. Installation was quick and easy. I thought I might need a tie wrap or two but the Harness fits right above the carpet edge with no concerns regarding chaffing. TPMS is not required for PA State Inspection so this is an EXCELLENT alternative to having to live with a nuisance light or a trip to the dealership since the software to reprogram the sensors post installation is proprietary. It is also totally reversible. I highly recommend this application. Wish I had thought of it myself...

Thank you telum01
Really appreciate the kind words! Thanks so much for the shout-out!

Originally Posted by ab_aston
I'm still considering whether to defeat the warning or to pay up for new sensors. Also, considering the lightweight battery upgrade as I'm pretty sure my 2007 battery is due to die soon. (I think it's original???)

Also, to telum01 / Rich The link at the bottom of your shop page is self-referential instead of to the DIY page. See screenshot:
Thanks for pointing that out... this is the first website I've ever built so it's definitely a learning process! Fixed the link, thanks for the heads-up!!

Last edited by telum01; 06-18-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:49 PM
sesheff is on a distinguished road
Question: On my '05 DB9, the Smartire module is in the trunk and my TPMS sensors are missing. On my instrument cluster, there is a triangle light and the "tire pressure warning" message replaces where the digital "MPH" should be. Once the defeat harness is attached, will the MPH indicator re-appear and function properly? I understand the objective is to have the instruments function without "warning lights and messages" but I want to know if the digital MPH will re-appear?

Last edited by sesheff; 07-06-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:56 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Can't get the speed back by pressing "Read" on the dash?

Old 07-06-2016, 03:56 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sesheff
Question: On my '05 DB9, the Smartire module is in the trunk and my TPMS sensors are missing. On my instrument cluster, there is a triangle light and the "tire pressure warning" message replaces where the digital "MPH" should be. Once the defeat harness is attached, will the MPH indicator re-appear and function properly? I understand the objective is to have the instruments function without "warning lights and messages" but I want to know if the digital MPH will re-appear?
You can clear that message or any other one that appears there by pressing the "Read" button on the center console (below the radio controls).

Old 07-06-2016, 04:25 PM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
Yes, I had an 05 DB9 Manual and when I swapped over to the Sport Pack wheels I left the TPMS Sensors out. All that was needed to cancel the dash warnings was to disconnect the smart tire wiring from the back of the monitor located in the trunk. Then, scrolling with the read button on the dash or on the end of the directional switch restored the digital MPH function. In other words, the MPH readout is still there but is over ridden by the warning message which is of a higher priority. Once the warnings are eliminated the normal trip computer features should automatically come back.

Last edited by drivergmx; 07-08-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:11 AM
sesheff is on a distinguished road
Yes and Yes! I've been driving the car with the warning message ever since I bought it 2 years ago! Finally gone and so easy to reverse. Wish I found you guys sooner. Thank you!

Old 07-07-2016, 11:18 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Yes and Yes! I've been driving the car with the warning message ever since I bought it 2 years ago! Finally gone and so easy to reverse. Wish I found you guys sooner. Thank you!
Most of these cars come with owner's manuals...

Old 07-18-2016, 11:12 PM
09DBS will become famous soon enough
Interesting; I just completed this upgrade and i'm still showing the warning lights and two error messages? Has anyone else had this same issue? The only issue I found is the front right tire being low 2psi on air.

Any inputs appreciated.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:02 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
07 v8v i had tire light and message come on over a year ago,i just
unplugged the smartire module under the glove box and never had either the yellow warning symbol or message again.
curious as to what the defeat pigtail does different ??

Old 07-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Some cars you can unplug and it will go away, some will have a persistent error if you unplug it. The defeat keeps everything plugged in, but redirects the fault codes so the signal never goes to your dash, preventing a TPMS warning. Plus it's a plug-in setup with actual connectors so there's no cutting or splicing, and it's 100% reversible should you want to go back to the TPMS setup, sell the car, etc.