Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

07 DB9 Seat Calibration

Old 08-01-2016, 10:44 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
07 DB9 Seat Calibration

While replacing the 1/4 window regulator, I let the battary get low and the drivers seat lost its calibration.

I have tried and tried the relearning procedure, seat all the forward, front of seat all the way and then the rear lower seat all the way up and then the back rest all the way forward and seat still will not go down and backwards.

Is there anyway to know if the seat module is awake and should the seat switches make a sound when activated?

Took a little over 3 hrs to replace the regulator and am on day 3 of the stupid seat recalibration.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
Press the seat bottom front portion up until it's all the way forward and hold for three seconds, then repeat with the seat bottom rear upward, then move the seat bottom all the way forward... As you are holding the bottom and it has moved all the way forward, have someone push the battery disconnect button in the boot. When you reconnect the battery(yellow button under rear passenger seat), the seat should start operating normally.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Timodc
Press the seat bottom front portion up until it's all the way forward and hold for three seconds, then repeat with the seat bottom rear upward, then move the seat bottom all the way forward... As you are holding the bottom and it has moved all the way forward, have someone push the battery disconnect button in the boot. When you reconnect the battery(yellow button under rear passenger seat), the seat should start operating normally.
Where is the yellow button under the passenger seat, I do not see one. Ok, see were 07+ cars are reset by putting the key in the ignition.

Last edited by randyb; 08-02-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
Pull up the rear passenger seat bottom cushion. It will be under there.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Timodc
Pull up the rear passenger seat bottom cushion. It will be under there.
My 07 does not have that button, at least I do not see it and from what I have read, putting the key in the ignition has the same effect on 07+ cars.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Still cant get the driver side seat to recalibrate, anybody know if these are the right steps?

1) disconnect battery (2 minutes, but I have left it disconnected overnight)

2) Key turned to the ON position

3) Bottom Seat button pushed to move the seat all the way forward and hold for 4 seconds

4) Bottom Seat front incline all the way up and hold for 4 seconds

5) Bottom seat rear incline all the way up and hold for 4 seconds

6) backrest all the way forward and hold for 4 seconds.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:47 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't sound right to me (the part about the backrest). Regardless, isn't it covered in the owner's manual?

Old 08-09-2016, 08:24 AM
No, not covered in the owners manual, did find someting in the service manual. The only difference is that the backrest is not part of the reset and you have to hold the botttom seat in the UP adjustment setting and have someone push the battery reset button at the sametime. Going to try this tonight, as it was raining lastnight.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:08 PM
After days of messing with these seats, it suddenly let me calibrate the drivers seat. Left car sitting for 3 days, I walked up unlocked the door and started to try and reprogram and it took. I did not put the key in the ignition or anything, weird.

But the passenger seat stopped working, which is strange, because it was working fine the last time I tried to move the seat.