about to purchase--overpaying?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Regular_Joe is an unknown quantity at this point
about to purchase--overpaying?

Experts:

(putting this post in the right spot)

I'm about to execute on a V8V Manual 2007, 6k miles, $46k cash.

ALL service records, no warranty but coming from a dealer who just did the last service as dialed the car in to get it ready for sale. Pretty flawless inside and out. Popular color combo.

I know everybody says, "Get the right car for you...yada yada" I'm looking for opinions here, the right car for me is the right car at the right price ;-) Am I overpaying? My logic:

-It's winter
-This is a 10 year old car
-I would think that financing will be challenging for someone who's "stretching" to purchase; similarly people with $50k sitting around might be looking at a more expensive car

Opinions?

Old 12-16-2016, 01:11 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Wow, what a freaken steal. These car just wouldn't stop dropping in value

Old 12-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
I paid about $56k for my low-mile good-colors 6-speed 2007 V8 Vantage a year ago.

What are you waiting for?

Old 12-16-2016, 01:54 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
wow only 6k miles, seems like a good deal to me especially if its the color combo and options you want

Old 12-16-2016, 02:15 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Great deal grab it

Old 12-16-2016, 03:53 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
If you have good credit there are a couple of places to get financing they don't even ask the year of car...nationwide and lightstream

Old 12-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Dustan is on a distinguished road
If it helps I just bought a 2007 vantage with 20000 miles on it for $45,000 in sept. From Seattle. I never buy a car thinking I'm going to make money on it, if it's what you want and in your price range go for it. I don't think I'll ever get sick of looking at.

Old 12-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a great price. Are you working with an Aston Martin dealer.
If so, see if you can get one year of the preowned warranty in with the deal.
What are the options and color combo?
Ron

Old 12-16-2016, 04:51 PM
TimothyCraig is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MRCW
If you have good credit there are a couple of places to get financing they don't even ask the year of car...nationwide and lightstream
You mean Nationwide Bank? Or Nationwide insurance? Or something else?

Old 12-16-2016, 04:54 PM
Regular_Joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Dustan
If it helps I just bought a 2007 vantage with 20000 miles on it for $45,000 in sept. From Seattle. I never buy a car thinking I'm going to make money on it, if it's what you want and in your price range go for it. I don't think I'll ever get sick of looking at.
Dustan: Is that the one you bought from Simon who was moving to Cosat Rica? I was #2 in line for that one, and was hoping you didn't show up with the check that day!

Old 12-16-2016, 05:11 PM
Tremelune is on a distinguished road
Prices are still dropping, but for a 2007 it'll be much much slower than more recent models. At this age, condition and maintenance will mean far more when you go to sell. You can buy a 4.3 example for $40-50k pretty easily if you're willing to travel, but not easily for one with 6,000 miles. If you like the colors/options, and there's nothing wrong with it, that sounds like a good buy.

The only thing I'd be worried about is that the car has probably sat a lot, which means things might be quick to fail if you start to drive it regularly. Records are always nice. I'd rather have an example with 26k miles that had done 6k in the last year with all the maintenance records to prove its worthiness. But really...Aside from a collision and a clutch, how much abuse could someone put on a car in that few miles?

If you don't buy it, feel free to disclose the seller...

Old 12-16-2016, 06:27 PM
ncchill is an unknown quantity at this point
Regarding the finance piece if your credit is good there are plenty of options. I financed a 2002 Porsche through DCU 2 months ago. 2.25 % for four years.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:45 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Woodside Credit is also a great place for financing, several members have gone with them

Old 12-17-2016, 06:04 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
A 6000 mile Vantage should essentially be new if cared for properly. It should have no serious flaws and no evidence of wear.
If it is as it should be, $46,000 is a great price.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:36 AM
ahcjar103 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MRCW
nationwide will not finance the purchase of an aston, no matter how small the amount.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.