Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Fuse to disable exhaust valves?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 08:51 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Fuse to disable exhaust valves?

For V8V, which fuse is removed to make the exhaust valves open all the time. Where is that fuse located?

Old 10-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
For 2011MY and later, it's fuse 15 (earlier were fuse 22). And you'll find it in the passenger's side of the hatch.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...0+Paralight%29

Old 10-06-2017, 09:27 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I like the way the valves work and it has a great engine sound in lieu of hearing both. I find I am driving faster than I should to get the valves open. I pull the fuse it give it a go this afternoon. I think it will be too aggressive all the time. I have VAP Decats installed with OEM muffler.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:29 PM
I went out for a 20 minute ride and it was aggressive sounding! Not way over the top, but I put the fuse back in... I will reserve the fuse out for cars and coffee days where the crowd wants the aggression all the time.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Two things.

First, you'll end up removing it again. The withdrawals begin within a couple weeks.

Second, you can get a 15amp remote relay kit, and control the valves with a remote. When you start the car, the valves will be off, but with the press of a button you can turn them back on.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Relay is ok but me? Just pull the fuse...and avoid another thing that could break on the car..
lol

Old 10-23-2017, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mathman85

First, you'll end up removing it again. The withdrawals begin within a couple weeks.
You're right. I took out the fuse and will let rock full exhaust for a bit.

Old 10-23-2017, 03:21 PM
I knew it! Same thing happened to me. I took it out... liked it but figured I'd do it on occasion... ended up removing it entirely, and then wanted the ability to shut it up on long highway trips so I installed the relay kit.

Old 10-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mathman85
I knew it! Same thing happened to me. I took it out... liked it but figured I'd do it on occasion... ended up removing it entirely, and then wanted the ability to shut it up on long highway trips so I installed the relay kit.

I don't think I'll install relay kit as most likely will sell or trade the Vantage for Rapide. I would install the fuse for long trips.

Old 10-23-2017, 03:33 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I left mine in for 6 months, I was happy enough as I normally drive a new toy like an idiot so I was almost always over 4000. About 6 months in I pulled it just to check it out, and left it out. I actually drive more "normal" with it out, not normal, just not as much like an idiot

Old 10-23-2017, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
About 6 months in I pulled it just to check it out, and left it out. I actually drive more "normal" with it out, not normal, just not as much like an idiot

I bet I drive it more normally with the fuse pulled. I am not as racing the engine to hear the wail as I was before.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:00 PM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
Fuse 22

For a 2012 Rapide it's still fuse 22. Right side of the engine compartment (boot, hatch?) facing forward.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:57 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
2013 Vantage V12. Fuse 22. The right side of the boot.