Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8vantage 4.3 heel/toe pedal problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 11:58 PM
ahtim is on a distinguished road
V8vantage 4.3 heel/toe pedal problem

Hi guys, I have a stock 4.3 manual, and the gas pedal is actually too small or too short for me to do heel/toe, and the gap between brake and throttle pedal is too big; any one trying to change the actual pedals to solve this problem?

Thanks

Old 03-21-2018, 02:04 AM
TR-Spider is on a distinguished road
One of the first things I did...I had a 12mm wide strip of 3mm thick aluminium welded to the left side of the throttle pedal.
Makes it look similar like the ones from another thead here (just without additional rubber spots):
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-heel-toe.html
You need to remove the clearcoat to get a clean weld - afterwards some grinding/sandpaper workout...

Thomas

Old 03-21-2018, 05:24 AM
Hi Thomas, thanks dude, do u have pics of your car’s pedal?

thanks

Old 03-21-2018, 06:06 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
I have a custom made pedal for the V8V. Can't remember the name of the US company but if you pm me I'll dig it out

Works a treat

Graeme

Old 03-21-2018, 06:17 AM
TR-Spider is on a distinguished road
here you go.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:39 AM
Which should I do first? Flywheel and clutch? Or exhaust and ecu? Which make bigger difference, I don’t need the car to be super fast, I have faster cars, but I do want the throttle reponse to be faster

Old 03-21-2018, 11:14 AM
Hi red pants, thanks for the info , if I am going to do the exhaust, do I need to do the header too? Or just the cat will do most of the job, and for the mid/x pipe, the stock is already a pipe without any muffler, do I still need to change it? coz I don’t want the car to drone during cruising, coz this is more likely to be one of my daily car.

Thanks

Old 03-21-2018, 11:23 AM
henryting is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ahtim
Hi guys, I have a stock 4.3 manual, and the gas pedal is actually too small or too short for me to do heel/toe, and the gap between brake and throttle pedal is too big; any one trying to change the actual pedals to solve this problem?

Thanks
You can change the throttle pedal by adding a side plate. However there are pros and cons : Unless you wear racing shoes which are quite narrow, adding a side plate will restrict your right foot when you wear normal shoes. I added one of these side plates and found out whenever I use normal shoes, when stepping on the brakes, there is a tendency to hit the throttle at the same time. First time this happened, it caught me by surprise because instead of slowing down the car by trail braking, the throttle action negates the braking action. Luckily I found out before getting into any mishaps.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by henryting
You can change the throttle pedal by adding a side plate. However there are pros and cons : Unless you wear racing shoes which are quite narrow, adding a side plate will restrict your right foot when you wear normal shoes. I added one of these side plates and found out whenever I use normal shoes, when stepping on the brakes, there is a tendency to hit the throttle at the same time. First time this happened, it caught me by surprise because instead of slowing down the car by trail braking, the throttle action negates the braking action. Luckily I found out before getting into any mishaps.

i will use some metal sheet like the Ferrari ones, and I will copy the brake/throttle gap from Porsche; and trim it to the size I want and put it on. I will even do the bottom right cut on the brake pedal just like the Ferraris. Once it’s done I will post pic

Old 03-21-2018, 02:09 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
I got my thru ultimate pedal as it was recommend by other people here. You can have them do whatever size you like.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:32 PM
rodg100 is on a distinguished road
I also have an Ultimate Pedal (Florida based company).
I actually installed this on top of my existing pedal to get some more height (you will need longer bolts)...works surprisingly well.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:56 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I have the UP also, but have the same problem with it as henryting. I had just gotten the trick of the right angle to heel toe the original and the UP came in so I installed it. I've been meaning to take it out and go back to the stock pedal. Once you get used to the right angle of attack you don't need the wider pedal.