Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

CCM brakes - no joy from DBS any longer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 06:19 AM
Former Vendor
Redisc is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for your question. I will speak with our development team and let you know ASAP.

BR Maja

Old 01-10-2023, 03:28 AM
Former Vendor
Hi, as promised. I have spoken with the development department and they say this is a general problem of Brembo production. All the discs do not consist of the same density. We often get also discs that are different on same on the same axis; the left can be more worn out in comparison to the right one. There is pretty much anything you can do. That could be repaired by our production, and we can upgrade the density but cannot guarantee that it will be the same on both discs. We can try in this situation. And during the production, we can see how much has improved.

Old 01-10-2023, 05:42 AM
chrzesm is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for your explanation. This is what I suspected :-(. Do you think I should refurbish now or after I sense lower brake performance?

Old 01-10-2023, 05:55 AM
Former Vendor
I could be a typical salesperson and said - YES you should but to be honest, you can keep them for a while, just pay attention to the weight. If the disc is too worn out, that is more possible that will not be suitable for refurbishment anymore.
My suggestion is that once you will also feel the smallest difference when driving then I think is the right time. Maybe on 30-40 %.
When we receive discs, we first measure them and check them, then they go into the chemical process. If it turns out, that they are not a good fit, we return them back to you, the only cost you have are shipping costs. So, please do not wait too long. We also replace all the screws.

PS: I had customers, that have broken screws (between the disc and the hat) and that was the cause of squeaking. They may be "bent", but we can fix it.
(sorry sometimes I cannot remember the right phrase, it been almost 10 years since I lived in US

Old 01-10-2023, 06:01 AM
Former Vendor
There is also an upgrade option, it goes on a similar process and we protect them to prevent O2 from coming in, which really helps to extend the lifetime of the discs. I think it is still better to maybe upgrade it and you can save up to 70 % if buying a new set.