Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Db11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 03:46 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Db11

So I took the Aston to a British car show near Montreal .
There was this DB11 along with a couple of other cars from Decarie Motors . Mine was the only other Aston there .
The DB 11 is no prettier in person its just not a nice looking car . What are those ugly bumperrette things by the licence plate , the front the side the rear end , just doesnt do it for me . And when he fired it up it sounded like a giant shopvac/leaf blower , very dissapointing and all this for 300Gs .
Now when the guy fired up the Jag F type SVR that sounded like a real car 575hp and a real bark to the exhaust note like a true sports car should sound .
AM has lost the spirit of what it embodies in a sports car with the leaf blower motor .
Also I should point out that the F type was 50% of the cost of the DB11

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BBE71FCC-87DB-481D-9B65-5901A895A575.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	526656   Click image for larger version

Name:	DB7D72B8-21DF-4F59-A778-B4885E9AB1AA.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	3.98 MB
ID:	526657   Click image for larger version

Name:	84AABEC9-2F93-4E57-8148-7283F91F25CA.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	526658   Click image for larger version

Name:	F07DF7BD-CD9E-4B25-AD39-D7A54975115C.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	526659  
Old 05-28-2018, 07:56 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
This is the least attractive Aston in the last 60 years. Make it second least attractive (forgot about the new Vantage).

Old 05-28-2018, 02:04 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
I think we are all off Reichman's Christmas card list by now.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:51 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
At least it shares a steering wheel with the F-type....

Old 05-28-2018, 11:08 PM
Logannz is on a distinguished road
Mansory's version of the car looks amazing (once you get past the colour scheme) The front looks much more like an evolution of the DB9, and even the rear works. Did they hire Aston's old designer or something?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-Mansory-Aston-Martin-DB11-Cyrus-Studio-1-2560x1600.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	719.0 KB
ID:	526708   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-Mansory-Aston-Martin-DB11-Cyrus-Studio-2-2560x1600.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	776.1 KB
ID:	526709  
Old 05-29-2018, 01:48 PM
chriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nice
I love the larger seamless hood (the Vantages being I heard the largest continuous piece of aluminum used in the auto industry). Love the lights, side strakes connecting to the front wheels, back air tunnel virtual spoiler, and boosted engine, although I imagine my NA V12 sounds much better.

I hate the too-large wheels (though not as cartoonish as the Vantage), too-MB interface/screen, track focus, and lack of a proper manual transmission. The company is chasing track posers at the expense of gentlemen's cars.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:49 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chriscmore
I love the larger seamless hood (the Vantages being I heard the largest continuous piece of aluminum
Until you have to pay for one after a small dent at the parking lot (smile)

Old 05-29-2018, 03:03 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
While it has grown somewhat on me, I agree with everything said above. There is no continuity in the Aston designs anymore - none. While the DB11 has at least some elegance it's a mishmash of design elements. When the new Mercedes interiors (even on the new small 'A series' blows away the Aston interiors, it's a shame on Aston Martin. Mercedes shared their old technology - not their latest. Like the Crossfire shared the old SLK - not the newer models.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:49 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by chriscmore
The company is chasing track posers at the expense of gentlemen's cars.
Exactly correct . AM is supposed to be a refined English Gentlemens sports car not some souped up ricer with a British flag on it .

Old 05-29-2018, 07:56 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by embdenb
Until you have to pay for one after a small dent at the parking lot (smile)
Or unless you want to apply protective film/clear bra and you can't cover the entire clam shell with the width of a roll -- you'll have to cover it partially or you'll have seams. My Porsche Macan GTS had the same problem.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:40 PM
Logannz is on a distinguished road
The front of the new Vantage has the same problem, bump that massive carbon moustache (which is the forward most point) and you're up for a fortune for a new one. Long term this makes our insurance really costly.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:45 AM
chriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nice
Originally Posted by programmatore
Or unless you want to apply protective film/clear bra and you can't cover the entire clam shell with the width of a roll -- you'll have to cover it partially or you'll have seams. My Porsche Macan GTS had the same problem.
I'm hoping wrap manufacturers break past their 60"w roll width limitation. Do you know of any that already exceed that?

Old 05-30-2018, 11:45 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Call me the minority, but I like both the new Vantage and DB11. They are designed for today and the future. They look absolutely like an Aston and the on the DB11, the interior fabrication is much nicer than the DB9. The level of detailing in the leather tooling is to drool over. I haven't driven either model and don't really want to for a couple of years. I don't want car envy for few more seasons minimum.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not in love with the path AM is going but I need to say that I like the DB11 more since I saw pictures of the new Vantage.

On the bright side when I see the new AM's, the depreciation on our cars will stop.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:51 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
yalls a bunch of haters

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Db11