Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB11 help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 06:17 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
DB11 help

I’m really enjoying our DB11. I have read the owners manual and can’t find out how to raise the spoiler so that I can clean it. Hopefully someone here might know how to raise it. It automatically comes up at 90 mph but there has to be away to make come up manually.
Thanks

Old 10-16-2018, 07:39 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I made an inquiry to Aston Martin about the rear spoiler or blade. The answer is that I can take it to adealer and they can hook the car up to their diagnostic machine and maneuver it. Seems to me that there should be a way to raise it. I’m sure that in time it would get dirty and might possibly bind.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:28 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
That's odd. All my other cars work motorized spoilers had a switch. Perhaps you coulda use a fuse to apply voltage to raise it?

Old 10-16-2018, 11:29 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
That's a real design flaw IMO. Totally agree with you Gene, there need to be a manual means of raising rear spoiler.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:28 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Simple solution. Next time it's raining do 100 until it's clean

Old 10-17-2018, 11:54 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Talking

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Simple solution. Next time it's raining do 100 until it's clean
or, Just have someone else drive it 90, and you lean out the window with a wet rag on an extension stick and clean it. Seems simple enough

Old 10-17-2018, 11:58 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I'd call AM headquarters and *****... They need to figure out a real solution that works for owners of the car.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:01 PM
ducatirider is on a distinguished road
At least your spoiler works. Mine gets stuck open in an uneven position.
Obviously warranty covers it, but still...

Old 10-19-2018, 07:03 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Honestly the 'Airblade' and now pop up 'spoiler' seem a bit of a gimmick. I'm no aerodynamics whiz but a little pop up slab like that seems would just cause a lot of turbulence. And the 'Airblade', really?

Old 10-19-2018, 09:55 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Originally Posted by SheriffDep
or, Just have someone else drive it 90, and you lean out the window with a wet rag on an extension stick and clean it. Seems simple enough
Gene ... I volunteer to drive ... meet you at Shell at say 3PM ? :-)

Old 10-19-2018, 04:11 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Dependent on which driving mode your in the Areoblade becomes active. Standard GT 93 mph, Sport 68 mph, Sport + 56mph. No static operation possible outside of AM service. Unless... one was to have access to the motor in the trunk panel.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:25 PM
I might have to look into putting a switch in the trunk to raise it.