Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Maybe a Morgan Vanquish?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 09:54 AM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Maybe a Morgan Vanquish?

Everyone is still trying to figure out who bought the tooling and designs for the Vanquish. Now seems like it could have been Morgan.

Interesting article

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/11/morgan-buy-aston-martin-vanquishs-tooling-design-drawings/

Old 11-30-2018, 10:50 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
that will be interesting what Morgan come up with

Old 12-01-2018, 07:48 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
The IPO said 'last generation' Vanquish, which to me sounds like the 2002 model, not the current Vanquish. You wouldn't use the words last generation to refer to the current Vanquish because there is no new Vanquish. When the IPO paperwork was developed, I'm pretty sure the Gaydon Vanquish was still in production thereby making the last generation reference correct.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:47 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
What would that mashup look like?

Old 12-02-2018, 12:42 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
The IPO said 'last generation' Vanquish, which to me sounds like the 2002 model, not the current Vanquish. You wouldn't use the words last generation to refer to the current Vanquish because there is no new Vanquish. When the IPO paperwork was developed, I'm pretty sure the Gaydon Vanquish was still in production thereby making the last generation reference correct.
The picture in the article is for the current Vanquish S.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:47 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Publishers never get anything wrong, and everything on the interwed is true

Old 12-03-2018, 09:54 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
It does state also the DBS that replaced the Vanquish S? Which could relate to the 2008-09 start of DBS. Not saying anything about a superleggera. You have like 6 years to find out!

Old 12-04-2018, 02:57 AM
lenny1974 is on a distinguished road
I believe it is for the 2002 model, not the current vanquish. Dont believe the pictures you see, they're probably just poor knowledge from the writers.

That was based on discussions with my local AM dealers here over in England.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:29 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
My wife an I did a tour of the Morgan factory last week and didn't see any Vanquish tooling laying around although I would imagine it would be located at a new body and chassis supplier if it goes through.

Great tour last week. Health and Safety has had it's impact as our last tour which must have been 12 years ago consisted them giving us a map, and told to stay on the painted path with no guide.