Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2007 V8V BCD(Brake Control Module) fault - Steering Angle Sensor CAN timeout

Old 02-25-2019, 01:00 AM
anasu98 is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 V8V BCD(Brake Control Module) fault - Steering Angle Sensor CAN timeout

Hi guys,

I ran a OBD2 scanner (FOXWELL) which I bought a few months ago. I haven't really used it so far apart from resetting Passenger airbag off sign on my cluster.

I ran auto-scan and it says BCD(Brake Control Module) fault - Steering Angle Sensor CAN timeout.

I erased the code and drove a while and check if it comes back and it did come back.

Have you guys experienced the same issue before? If so, what is the problem and how did you fix it?

Otherwise, the car drives fine without any MAJOR problems.

Thank you very much and look forward to hearing from you guys soon!!!

Best Regards,
Jung

Old 02-25-2019, 08:37 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
If your not getting a message on the instrument panel there probably is not a fault. Aftermarket readers sometimes don't play well with others. Your most likely causing the fault by plugging in. Take it to a dealer and have them check is the easiest way to see.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
If your not getting a message on the instrument panel there probably is not a fault. Aftermarket readers sometimes don't play well with others. Your most likely causing the fault by plugging in. Take it to a dealer and have them check is the easiest way to see.
Thank you very much for your answer!! Im not getting any message on the intrument panel. Like you said once I connect my foxwell and try to scan, then ABS warning appears for a while.
If I take it to a dealer and let them check, do they normally charge for scanning?
Best,
Jung

Old 02-25-2019, 12:15 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by anasu98
Thank you very much for your answer!! Im not getting any message on the intrument panel. Like you said once I connect my foxwell and try to scan, then ABS warning appears for a while.
If I take it to a dealer and let them check, do they normally charge for scanning?
Best,
Jung
Dealers charge starts when you drive in the shop (Smile) if the warning light goes off I would just leave it alone.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by embdenb

Dealers charge starts when you drive in the shop (Smile) if the warning light goes off I would just leave it alone.
lol. I see. They might charge if I call them. I am trying to stay away from dealers as much as possible.

Thank you for your advice!!

Best Regards,
Jung

Old 02-25-2019, 01:56 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I would suggest the same as here it starts at around $230 an hour...

Old 02-25-2019, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Yeah I would suggest the same as here it starts at around $230 an hour...
OMG, how about an independent shop? I haven't found a good one here in Ventura County yet. I just want to know the labor cost per hour if I take it to the independent shop.

Old 02-25-2019, 03:05 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
You should be able to find a good shop close to you at a reasonable price, there are lot of California people on the forum I am sure they could help you. I do most if not all the work on my car myself as I enjoy working on this fabulous machine. Good luck

Old 02-25-2019, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
You should be able to find a good shop close to you at a reasonable price, there are lot of California people on the forum I am sure they could help you. I do most if not all the work on my car myself as I enjoy working on this fabulous machine. Good luck
I posted a question asking any recommendation for an indi shop around my area but haven't got any answers yet. I also try to do everything by myself (although I am not very handy, never really work on a car this much before) since it is really enjoyable to work on this car as you said. I become just happy to be looking at the car. Absolutely best design in 21century so far, IMO(I am working as a car designer so I have a little bit of knowledge about design).
I just want to know in case I cannot do anything or something major happens such as clutch slipping, I would like to know a good indi shop in advance nearby me.

Thank you for your advice!!!

Best Regards,
Jung