Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Buying Your First Vantage Checklist Pt 1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 06:26 AM
Dansgt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by V8Vdrew
I sure do and I have updated it from what other owners have inputted. Shoot me your email to drewhwang@gmail.com and ill send it over tomorrow night. Best of Luck!
Andrew
just sent. Thanks. Supposed to be looking at it after work tomorrow, guys actually bringing it up to me from 300 miles away.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:14 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I have heard of that as well. Fingers crossed. My tail lights just went out so in the process of sourcing new ones. Condensation in the tail light and headlight is on the list and it happens more frequently than people think. That and corrosion around the mirror and door handle is common and sometimes on the roof you will see bubbling. All good things you pointed out!
you really need to check every inch of the car for corrosion.

Old 05-26-2021, 05:28 PM
V8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dansgt
just sent. Thanks. Supposed to be looking at it after work tomorrow, guys actually bringing it up to me from 300 miles away.
Sent, best of luck!

Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
you really need to check every inch of the car for corrosion.
Agreed. I gambled and bought sight unseen and so far its been a good ride.

Old 05-28-2021, 10:28 AM
Drknevl is an unknown quantity at this point
This is hugely helpful! Will PM you for email. Thanks!

Old 07-07-2023, 12:16 AM
Peter16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Checklist pre purchase

Thanks! Great list.This helps.
Can you pls send me the excel?

Cheers

Peter

Old 07-09-2023, 05:55 AM
V8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Peter16
Thanks! Great list.This helps.
Can you pls send me the excel?

Cheers

Peter
Sure thing. DM me your email and I can send it your way. Just to note, I stopped tracking the cost during COVID as the market was not a "true" market and the prices were inflated.

Old 07-09-2023, 01:08 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I have heard of that as well. Fingers crossed. My tail lights just went out so in the process of sourcing new ones. Condensation in the tail light and headlight is on the list and it happens more frequently than people think. That and corrosion around the mirror and door handle is common and sometimes on the roof you will see bubbling. All good things you pointed out!
one of the things do is drive with the headlights on all the time. So far no condensation in headlights nor tail lights...also disable the headlight washers.