Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Brake pad recommendations? Carbon ceramic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 07:11 AM
Kalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to all
Brake pad recommendations? Carbon ceramic

Hey folks.

I've got a 2015 Vanquish and it's getting close to needing brake pads. I can get a set of Brembos for about $1600, but does anyone have any recommendations for different brands that work well (and don't squeal) on carbon ceramic rotors? From what I can tell, there aren't many options out there.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:38 AM
UltraMarine is a jewel in the roughUltraMarine is a jewel in the roughUltraMarine is a jewel in the rough
RB might be a good alternative.
https://racingbrake.com/pd-am-360b/

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-06-2023 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:30 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
+1 for RB. Make sure you call and talk to someone to order the correct fitment. Their website isn't the best.
CCM brakes last a long time. How many miles?

Old 10-30-2023, 01:54 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
I have PAGID RSC-1 shape 4907 pads on my DB9 and they are great but have a slight squeel when cold specifically at low speed; once warmed up they are absolutely brilliant in terms of feel, response, progressiveness etc. Your 2015 Vanquish shows 4941-style for front and 4943-style for your rears. https://www.pagidracing.com/en/product-search/race-products/racing-brake-pads/vehicle.html]https://www.pagidracing.com/en/product-search/race-products/racing-brake-pads/vehicle.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-06-2023 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 04:55 PM
Kalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to all
Thanks for the recs, I'll take a look.

Originally Posted by J doubleU
+1 for RB. Make sure you call and talk to someone to order the correct fitment. Their website isn't the best.
CCM brakes last a long time. How many miles?
Just bought it about a month ago and it's got 32,500 miles on it. The pads have 7mm remaining. Aston Atlanta said they're good for a while but I don't want to risk wearing them down enough for the brass pins to start showing through the friction material.

This car has the opposite issue as most: the brakes are nice and quiet when they're cold, but after about 15 minutes of driving and warming up they squeal like crazy at stops and low-speed turns.

I plan to bed the new pads properly when I get them, I just want to make sure I get a brand that's least likely to squeal.

Old 10-30-2023, 06:37 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Their most likely original and have never been replaced, new is 9-10mm on the front 8mm rear. CCM pads do not have the brass pins In the material like the iron disc's. If they didn't squeal I would not change them as they probably will last another 32k miles.

Old 10-31-2023, 06:32 AM
Bones 53 is on a distinguished road
I agree with J doubleU.
7mm is plenty.
I had 52000 miles on my V12 Vantage...never replaced the pads.
Thanks,
JH

Old 11-01-2023, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the advice.

I'm probably going to replace them to attempt to get rid of the squeal, and keep the old pads around.

The price on the RB pads is surprising: $500 less than the least expensive Brembo or Pagid sets I could find.

@J DoubleU: I presume you have a set... do they squeal?

Old 11-01-2023, 10:07 PM
Unfortunately I'm not in the CCM club, just passing on information.

Old 11-06-2023, 08:28 PM
GWP
GWP is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Kalepsis
Hey folks.

I've got a 2015 Vanquish and it's getting close to needing brake pads. I can get a set of Brembos for about $1600, but does anyone have any recommendations for different brands that work well (and don't squeal) on carbon ceramic rotors? From what I can tell, there aren't many options out there.
I use DFC, Dynamic Friction and love them. Great stopping power, no squeal, virtuaally no dust.