Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Jag xk

Old 08-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Banned
FERRAR1 is on a distinguished road
New Jag xk

Well no jaguar forum here, so figured aston martin is related...why not. What are your thoughts on the new xk? I absolutely love this car. Its so great looking, the shape reminds me of a db 9. And the interior is gorgeous. Not to mention that I found the quality to be great. Motor trend gave it a 5 star rating.

Last edited by FERRAR1; 08-16-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:26 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
I love the car as well... Jaguar really stepped it up with the new XK. It's a beautiful car, inside and out! I would love to have one!

Old 08-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Banned
FERRAR1 is on a distinguished road
Its looks bad in pictures, I never even considered it. But when you see one in a good color at a dealer, your like whoa...

Old 08-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Bre
Land Rover Guru
Bre will become famous soon enough
Love the new XK and can't wait for our first XKR! We've got a coupe order to solidify, so trying to figure out what color combo to get. Right now it's a toss up on black/black or the slate/black like in the car in all the current print. Car is ultra-comfy, sounds awesome and is a hoot to drive! Wish we had more here.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:18 PM
azpinator is on a distinguished road
It´s gorgeous!! And for me, that can't afford a Vanquish (for now..) it is a great option!

Old 08-17-2006, 09:01 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Old XK looks better IMO. New Xk looks too much like a Tauraus...

New touch screen nav should be a nice touch. Keep in mind XK was designed on a budget w/ Ford funding. It's too much luxury and GT. Not sporty enough for me... Rear seat is a joke. A 911's rear can still hold children and you can forget about it in XK.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Don't like the looks at all, in real life and in pictures. Just HATE that little mini spoiler thingie they added at the back. Yuck.
The interior is rather nice indeed, but it's just a random nice interior, not a Jaguar interior anymore. Rear seats are even more useless than they are in the XK8. And the central display thing takes a while to get used to ... I couldn't find the engine temperature after fiddling for a while, and I'm 23 and computer/electronics inclined!
Driving experience is very odd. The transmission is really good for a TC auto, very quick and smooth, really liked it. No comparison with the marshmallow in the XK8. The engine is very smooth, and the sound is better than the XK8, but still quite subdued (even when flat out). Steering isn't stellarly direct, but it's alright for a big GT, I guess .. I still wish it had more feedback and wasn't so assisted. The car still isn't that rigid (drove a cab) and shakes and rattles a bit on bumps ... which brings the main gripe ... the suspension. It just plain sucked if you're not on a smooth surface. Blame the optional 20" wheels if you will, but the old XK8 feels perfect on the same roads, smooth yet firm. The XK just feels cheap and harsh.Really disliked that!

Overall, the XK doesn't seem to be sure about what it wants to be. The interior and steering are saying "hey, I'm a GT, let's take it easy and cruise", but on the other hand, the suspension and transmission are saying "hey, I'm a sports car, let's go flat out". Issue is, you get the downsides of both ... lazy steering, and harsh suspension.

After the drive, I was glad to hop back in the good ol' XK8. Yes, the trans is slow and the steering is over-assisted, but I know I'm in a comfy GT, and my back loves the suspension.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:42 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
chic car...

Old 08-23-2006, 08:51 PM
GT 350 is on a distinguished road
Heres some pictures of our new 2007 jaguar xk convertible. Black on black, '19 inch rims, upgraded sound system, full leather interior. Car still looks better in person, but I think its nice in these pictures.

Last edited by GT 350; 10-26-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Or what about this:

Old 09-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Whoa that Arden kit is crazy... I thought their X-Type was OTT, but that thing... WOW!

Old 09-01-2006, 09:02 PM
There is also a carbon fiber interior package. I would love to have that.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:45 PM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
Arden is very nice! I love the cars of this company! ( Arden is from my home 15km) My dad will buy a Arden Range! But he drives only diesel and the TDV6 is s***! We wait for a TDV8!

And you have a nice car! It looks very good!!

Old 09-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
I'm a huge fan of the new jag XK... it has great styling and has some decent power.. once the R comes ... watch out.. this thing sound mean as hell right now as it is.. the exhaust notes on this car are wicked!

Old 09-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Dan
I'm a huge fan of the new jag XK... it has great styling and has some decent power.. once the R comes ... watch out.. this thing sound mean as hell right now as it is.. the exhaust notes on this car are wicked!
The car sounds amazing. When you start it, its very surprising on how loud it is. Just like a proper jaguar, it growls. I get compliments on the car every day, seeing one in person is just amazing.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Jag xk