Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-24-2018, 04:49 AM
Stevieshutts will become famous soon enoughStevieshutts will become famous soon enough
The IETIS for the old car was a disk which I installed -can't remember where I got it from, but might have been eBay. See if you can do anything with this disk image https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlkxjpoGP6fehfgMG5-4O2kfKalWeQ

Old 05-24-2018, 05:03 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Best,

Old 07-10-2018, 08:57 AM
Kes
Kes is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, does drive shaft fits from Phaeton? i need both front.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:25 AM
mikeydee is an unknown quantity at this point
Great Thread, Thanks - If I need and engine out repair, any recommendation in NJ.
Thanks

Old 09-12-2018, 11:49 AM
edinp is on a distinguished road
Go to Bavarian Motors in Hawthorne. Nick services my Bentley but charges me VW prices. He’s great and knows how to work on them all. Tell him Ed sent you.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:55 AM
mikeydee is an unknown quantity at this point
edinp
Thank you

Old 07-16-2019, 02:27 AM
richardgolden is an unknown quantity at this point
Great info guys!
Try it here
https://www.bentleypartsusa.com/

Old 12-25-2019, 08:10 PM
Duncan Brown is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Geo. would it be possible for you to email me the info you hold on bentley conti g

Originally Posted by Geo3
My apologies, but I removed the link to the Bentley PDF, as very difficult to obtain more info, and not at lot of interest or input.

However, I would be happy to email the 40 page PDF (2.2Mb), to anyone interested.

PMs are already sent to gliozzi and ExoticCarDriver.

Kind regards,

Geo.
I’ve bought a 2005 cont gt and it’s got quite a few faults. Sorted some, boot spare wheel bay had its own swimming pool, someone had pushed the 2 rubber seals for drain holes to rear spoiler to put 3 pull ties there to hold wiring up ???? Reseated abs sealed them then I noticed damp carpet under pedals, researched it and there’s a drain hole below fan motors that blocks up with leaves, it was this, the blockage had caused another pool to form leaking into footwell. This has caused damage to ECUs as they were shorting and throwing error codes left right n centre, one ecu was changed, wiring was load tested (all good) but someone had previously changed one of the throttle bodies and this was throwing out massive varied volts which caused damage to ecu, new ecu fitted and then within mins the second ecu went down so garage have removed ecus and hopefully my replacement ones should have been cloned and at garage ready for fitting, just unlucky due to time of year, (Xmas n new year) the only mechanic qualified to work on my bentley is on Xmas holiday for 2 weeks so I’m spewing car has now been off road since start November but this has given me time to start fitting all my body kit. Need advice on front and rear bumper removal if you have any top tips pal. My email is duncan.brown12345@gmail.com my mobile is 07516380479
many thanks and have a top Xmas n new year
Duncan Brown from Oldham Town

Should have seen my neighbours faces when I started taking an angle grinder to the bonnet of my conti gt to fit the vents!! Lol

Old 12-26-2019, 07:28 PM
AJ1
AJ1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Geo3
I have created a PDF file with much more Bentley info, parts cross-references, images and links added, but at 2.8 Mb it is too large to display here.

Hence, I have placed the file at the top of my own web site (see link below), where forum users can have access for download.

I am an avid Bentley fan, and hope to own one in the near future. However, I want to know more about DIY maintenance on those wonderful cars, before I take the plunge.

Please let me know if I have made any errors, or if you have more to add. I hope this may stimulate Bentley owners to contribute.
I dont see the "Link below"

Old 12-26-2019, 07:39 PM
Geo3 is on a distinguished road
If anyone wants the Bentley PDF, please email directly me at :

gmacgruer@sympatico.ca

Old 12-26-2019, 11:09 PM
AJ1
AJ1 will become famous soon enough
Have done and not received it

Old 12-27-2019, 03:05 AM
blue_racing is an unknown quantity at this point
hi what would be the best unit to get in the uk to be able to put code in to get rid of this tpms light cant seem to find a v202 ? thanks nick.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Rottboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks tons Geo3 for the PDF. Lotsa of great GT info that will hopefully assist in maintaining my Flying Spur. Such a helpful thread from a fellow Canadian!!!

Old 01-22-2020, 04:11 AM
Gillis51 is an unknown quantity at this point
PDF file

Can someone email me the DIY pdf
artgillis@gmail.com

Old 03-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Stevieshutts will become famous soon enoughStevieshutts will become famous soon enough
A question of vacuum - I have just purchased a 2006 GT which has had the exhaust bypass flaps disconnected and is very noisy indeed. The flaps were also wedged open with body filler just to be double sure that they wouldn't close. I am keen to get the flaps moving again if I can, so I cleaned them up mechanically so that they both move OK. I then checked the vacuum units were holding vacuum, which they are, and I reconnected them. Quick as a flash, nothing happened! There doesn't appear to be enough vacuum in the system to close the flaps.

I disconnected the vacuum system under the rear of the car, at the non-return valve before it splits out to the 2 vacuum reservoirs and solenoids, and connected the front end pipe directly to one of the flap actuators, but still not enough vacuum to close a flap (although there is a slight vacuum in the pipe). So it appears that I have a leak somewhere, or an obstruction in the vacuum pipe.

Does anyone have a schematic they could share showing where the vacuum pipes run underneath the car, and in particular, where the exhaust flap vac pipe is connected to the front end of the system - I need to chase the pipework forwards to work out what the problem is, but it's not clear to me where the pipework is connected.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread