Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:52 PM
edinp is on a distinguished road
Question about replacing vacuum lines

Hi everyone,

glad to land here...great minds here I can see. Question: seems I have a leaking vacuum line on my brake booster and needs a replacement. Car is 2005 Bentley Continental GT. Will my engine need to be dropped for this or the line can be replaced without it. Symptoms are: every time I touch the brakes the brake booster pump stays on for 10-20 seconds.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:58 PM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Geo3
I have created a PDF file with much more Bentley info, parts cross-references, images and links added, but at 2.8 Mb it is too large to display here.

Hence, I have placed the file at the top of my own web site (see link below), where forum users can have access for download.

I am an avid Bentley fan, and hope to own one in the near future. However, I want to know more about DIY maintenance on those wonderful cars, before I take the plunge.

Please let me know if I have made any errors, or if you have more to add. I hope this may stimulate Bentley owners to contribute.

Geo, could you please send the pdf to pweishaa@slu.edu and check out my thread regarding my check engine and let me know your thoughts.

You've done a the community a great service by posting all this info!

Old 06-14-2016, 03:16 PM
DSW39 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have created a PDF file with much more Bentley info, parts cross-references, images and links added, but at 2.8 Mb it is too large to display here.

Hence, I have placed the file at the top of my own web site (see link below), where forum users can have access for download.

I am an avid Bentley fan, and hope to own one in the near future. However, I want to know more about DIY maintenance on those wonderful cars, before I take the plunge.

Please let me know if I have made any errors, or if you have more to add. I hope this may stimulate Bentley owners to contribute.
Geo3
I cant see the link to your website for the Bentley DIY can yousend it to me . I see others have been able to find it. I have looked several times not sure what im doing wrong
Dave

Old 06-26-2016, 12:07 AM
fasttoney is an unknown quantity at this point
newbie here with mechanic skills, would love to get the info thats being passed around. please send me a copy of the pdf to : fasttoney@gmail.com thank you.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:44 PM
noeyedeere is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello all,
Also newbie here.
Also asking for current version of PDF please. Steveharwoodstamper@gmail.com

FWIW Just read entire thread ! it's this community and content in this particular thread that's made me feel, confident enough to buy a C GT.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:34 AM
kimpearsonusa is on a distinguished road
I have been unable to locate the DYI file too. Would love to see it as I try to maintain my GT myself as well

Could you send a copy to kimpearsonusa@gmail.com

Many thanks

Old 07-11-2016, 04:41 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
By the way, just found this great Bentley technical information site, but cannot view it correctly, as I am on a Mac. Windows users should be OK.

http://www.bentleytechinfo.com/

Seems to more like an "on-line" Bentley workshop manual.
Its a subscription service. $2000/year. Otherwise a great find.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:47 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
My apologies, but I removed the link to the Bentley PDF, as very difficult to obtain more info, and not at lot of interest or input.

However, I would be happy to email the 40 page PDF (2.2Mb), to anyone interested.

PMs are already sent to gliozzi and ExoticCarDriver.

Kind regards,

Geo.

I have a 2008 GT Speed and would love to get your info. Please email to troy.pyles@comcast.net

Old 07-11-2016, 04:58 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, about 5 years ago I could find and print things by just signing up. Guess he VW Group found another revenue stream.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Airborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to behold
Geo3: Please send me a copy as well. getting ready to make some love to my GT. thank you.
zimenique@msn.com

Old 10-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Biggmon will become famous soon enough
Could I possibly get a copy? Thank You Dbiggmon@aol.com

Darren

Old 10-07-2016, 08:48 PM
tonygunz is an unknown quantity at this point
Could I get a copy as well? Many Thanks tonygunz21@yahoo.com

Old 10-19-2016, 02:38 PM
lolbentley is an unknown quantity at this point
Geo3 can you please send me a copy as well?

g65sun@gmail.com

Much appreciated

Jide

Old 10-23-2016, 11:17 AM
fasttoney is an unknown quantity at this point
I never received mine. Can you please resend? fasttoney@gmail.com thanks

Old 11-17-2016, 02:26 PM
tarnow1942 is an unknown quantity at this point
Trunk lock,2005 continental

Any DIY guys know how to proceed. Have problem with lock on the trunk(boot). Wont unlock with key. wont unlock with button on drivers door. Found manual pull behind passenger back seat. Pulled-wont release. Pulled hard enough to stretch wire-no release,wire broke. Fished through the ski hole till I found end on wire,pulled really hard while friend pushed on trunk,finally release-next step would be a hole in the trunk-glad it didn't come to that. Will replace manual release with new control cable and at the same time make the inside trunk lever work manually. NOT an electronics expert-where to go next to find the cause of the key/drivers panel not releasing the lock? Any help appreciated. Don't like to give up and go to our local dealer who is kind of snotty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread