Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:01 PM
jim@lotusauto is on a distinguished road
Bentley wont start

Originally Posted by PMS
Did you try the emergency start procedure? i.e. turning the key to the left until you hear a click. This will allow you to use the house battery for starting.
I tried that to no avail. So I just replaced the other battery and it started right up. Everything but the boot auto lift when you press the B button on the boot work. It works with the door switch and the fob on the key. Is there a reset procedure for this?

Thanks, Jim

Old 05-07-2015, 06:50 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jim@lotusauto
I tried that to no avail. So I just replaced the other battery and it started right up. Everything but the boot auto lift when you press the B button on the boot work. It works with the door switch and the fob on the key. Is there a reset procedure for this?

Thanks, Jim
If the button hasn't reset at this point, I recommend you disconnect the negative terminal on BOTH batteries. Start with the small starter battery (right side as seen from the back of the car) and then do the house battery on the left. Allow the car to sit for 5 minutes and then reconnect the batteries in reverse order (i.e. house battery and then starter battery). Wait about 10 minutes after connecting the batteries as the control modules need to reset. You may need to manually reset the side windows. If so, I can give you that procedure. Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Good Luck, Peter

Old 01-05-2016, 11:10 AM
ABKN is on a distinguished road
hi i would like to ask what function in menu 19 from scanner i'm going to buy vag

what function in menu 19 from scanner i'm going to buy car scanner but
they don't have v202 in uk

thanks

Originally Posted by djjoonie
After a long research, I figured out how to disable the infamous TPMS Light.

First, pull the fuse #11 from the fuse box located in the driver side boot on top of the battery.

Next, get the Vag can bus scanner or ('v-checker' from ebay). V202 is what i got.

last, go to menu #19 from the scanner, hit coding, type in 0000006.
edited:

TA-DA~ light is gone!

Make sure you always check the tire pressure and enjoy!!

Old 01-12-2016, 10:55 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Anyone have this happen? P0492 DTC

1-Noticed loud hair dryer type sound coming from engine bay now that the temps are sub zero here in Ontario.
Engine light clicked on!
Secondary Air Injection system
insufficient Flow Bank 2 and 1 of course.
Help..

2-Would like the PDF file too if possible please.

3-In need of:
Front Brake pads
Front Suspension.(shocks) noisy spongy sound and rough ride.
My wifes escalade had same type feel, replaced front shocks and smooth as silk again. Figure same thing here.
Any help locating parts other than dealer would be appreciated much.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:52 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
where are you located in Toronto? Don`t know if you do all your own work, but I can point you to an excellent independent that I use. I have had very good luck sourcing Bentley parts in the UK with Scuderia Car parts: http://www.scuderiacarparts.com/contact/. I usually deal with Chris.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:09 PM
turbo_secret will become famous soon enoughturbo_secret will become famous soon enough
Don't mean to highjack the tread but does anybody know if the flying spur uses the same exhaust as the gt? I have a 05 gt but found a flying spur aftermarket exhaust for really cheap.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Stevieshutts will become famous soon enoughStevieshutts will become famous soon enough
Hi All

I bought a 2004 GT just before Christmas, loving it so far and thought I'd join the forum to pick your brains when I need to.

I am most definitely a DIY owner, and it's just as well that I like a challenge. So far I have:

- bought a VCDS set up so I can clear the codes it seems to gather with enthusiasm

- changed all the headlights (to 6000k) and front sidelight bulbs. Fiddly but possible

- fitted an aftermarket Bluetooth kit (IO Talk1)- fitted small speakers in the centre dash vent grill, remote control in the ash tray.

- Today I changed the left hand side battery. Top tip here ... It's an AGM battery so you can't spill it. Roll it out of its tray rather than giving yourself a hernia trying to lift it out.

The car is booked in with Bentley under warranty next week to have the scuttle drains cleared and a few other niggles sorted. The scuttle is a nightmare in the recent bad weather - I've been siphoning the water out every other day - typically collects between 1 & 2 gallons over 48 hours.

Does anyone have any good resources to send me that I can tap into? I believe there is a PDF for compatible parts which would be most gratefully received.

Future jobs include putting the TPMS system back online with some compatible sensors (anyone got any suggestions?)

May also look at an LPG conversion - a friend of mine in the LPG business tells me that a Prinz system specifically designed for the GT may hit the market soon. It includes a filler arrangement behind the rear number plate, which is re-mounted on a hinged flap.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:29 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Stevie.

With regard to the side light bulbs, how are they removed, i.e. twist or just pull out?
I tried but failed when I couldn't get them to move.

Suitable aftermarket TPMS sensors can be found on Ebay for a lot less than Bentley charge. In fact, that's what my Indie uses.

Cheers. Les.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:32 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stevieshutts
Future jobs include putting the TPMS system back online with some compatible sensors (anyone got any suggestions?)

They make TMPS units that can clone the factory in-tire sensors. What we did is use my old barely working TMPS sensors and cloned them ($60 each). Working fine and the car needs zero reprogramming as it thinks you're still using the same 'old' ones

Old 01-16-2016, 05:50 AM
Stevieshutts will become famous soon enoughStevieshutts will become famous soon enough
The sidelight bulbs just pull straight out, mine needed a very firm tug.

I recently had winter tyres fitted (my employer pays for them... Woohoo!) and the guys at KwikFit said they would fit new sensors free of charge when the tyres are changed back in the spring. I will buy some before then to have fitted. Sounds like eBay might be a good starting point.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:57 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Thanks Stevie.

Make sure you buy UK spec' sensors. The US ones are a different frequency.

Les.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:22 PM
05cgt is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Quick Navigation system update (2004-2006)

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes.

If your Bentley uses the 10 CD system, you can buy the BMW 11 CD set, numbered 65-90-2-365-696 that will work. (although Your Mileage May Vary )

I just popped the Canada CD into my CGT today, and it worked fine creating a navigation to a town that wasn't even on my Bentley disk (FWIW, Nanaimo, BC).

The disks are labelled as the 2015 versions, and the documentation indicates that this will be the "Final Version" of the CD product, so if you are interested you may want to get them sooner than later.

I paid $200CDN from a local BMW dealer, and you can find them from BMW sources for $150USD.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:31 PM
Does this update the firmware for the system? I bought a new maps disk, which works well enough and only cost a few pounds, but what I really want to do is update the system so that I can search by post (zip) code - the system I have at the moment doesn't do this.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:35 PM
05cgt is on a distinguished road
Quick Navigation system update (2004-2006)

To the best of my knowledge, it just updates the maps, no functions. I read somewhere that all the function was in there, but nobody had managed to 'hack' the code to enable it. Sorry.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Bugger! It's hugely frustrating to own such a beautiful car, and resorting to clipping my mobile phone to the vent louvre because the navi system on the phone is 10 times quicker to use than the cars.

I suppose there's no better car to be lost in though!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread