Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:03 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ChristianPerles
I have had zero problems with my Bentley GT and today my girlfriend got in my car to drive and she adjusted the seat forward and as soon as she put it in reverse it said AIRBAG Fault. Anyone suggestions on what to try?
First check the loom connections under the seat to ensure they are properly locked and then check the fuse panel.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:38 AM
ChristianPerles is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PMS
First check the loom connections under the seat to ensure they are properly locked and then check the fuse panel.

Thank you, where are they located under the seat. Does anyone have pics of what I should be looking for their or in the fuse box? thank you

Old 11-25-2014, 10:19 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
I would first disconnect both batteries (remove negative terminal from starter battery and then negative terminal from main battery. Reconnect in reverse order. When you reconnect the batteries, there are some initialization steps to undertake (resetting side windows, etc)). Give the car 15 minutes to sort itself out after reconnection.

The fuse location is in the drivers facia fusebox (close to the interior hood release). It is a 5 amp fuse. (see location diagram with yellow highlight).

The airbag controller is in the center console (see C00043 in the attachment). The wiring loom for the driver's seat comes from the center console to the driver's seat (I think the harness is under the floor liner). See the attached diagram looking for X00474 (yellow highlights). Be VERY careful not to fire the airbag. If you have any hesitancy, seek help from a professional. You may have to remove the seat. I have also included a shot of one of my seats when we re-upholstered. You can see the front surround cover is off and some of the myriad connections (red and yellow and yellow/green are visible).

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	airbag.JPG
Views:	3993
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	408504   Click image for larger version

Name:	airbag fuse.JPG
Views:	25542
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	408505   Click image for larger version

Name:	seat disassembly2.JPG
Views:	1894
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	408521  

Last edited by PMS; 11-26-2014 at 07:50 AM. Reason: expansion
Old 12-30-2014, 10:02 AM
DevoS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Geo3
I have created a PDF file with much more Bentley info, parts cross-references, images and links added, but at 2.8 Mb it is too large to display here.

Hence, I have placed the file at the top of my own web site (see link below), where forum users can have access for download.

I am an avid Bentley fan, and hope to own one in the near future. However, I want to know more about DIY maintenance on those wonderful cars, before I take the plunge.

Please let me know if I have made any errors, or if you have more to add. I hope this may stimulate Bentley owners to contribute.
Hey Geo3, Would you mind sending a copy my way?

"devokdr@hotmail.com"

Thanks

Old 01-21-2015, 01:12 PM
awchristler is on a distinguished road
great info guys!

Old 02-02-2015, 03:06 PM
awchristler is on a distinguished road
Hi George, can I please get a copy of this bentley guide? Many thanks

Awchristler@gmail.com

Just to let you all know; I have at last upgraded the pdf, but it is now over 4Mb.

My thanks to all who have contributed information, but I would still like to see more DIY articles, etc.

If I can collect any more Bentley GT/GTC/FC info, I'll continue periodic PDF updates.

I am happy to send out the new PDF to anyone who makes a request to my email address :

gmacgruer@sympatico.ca

I would also be happy to place the PDF here, if a moderator would give permission for larger file size.

Kind regards to all,

George

Last edited by awchristler; 02-02-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:21 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by awchristler
Hi George, can I please get a copy of this bentley guide? Many thanks

Awchristler@gmail.com
just emailed it to you.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:40 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
I have created a PDF file with much more Bentley info, parts cross-references, images and links added, but at 2.8 Mb it is too large to display here.

Hence, I have placed the file at the top of my own web site (see link below), where forum users can have access for download.

I am an avid Bentley fan, and hope to own one in the near future. However, I want to know more about DIY maintenance on those wonderful cars, before I take the plunge.

Please let me know if I have made any errors, or if you have more to add. I hope this may stimulate Bentley owners to contribute.
Kindly send my way! Wolfnards@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Old 03-29-2015, 03:29 PM
Mpda1 is on a distinguished road
Please send a copy my way as well...thanks!

mpda1@aol.com

Old 03-30-2015, 02:17 AM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Hi Geo3,
great idea! if you can send me one copy of the PDF that will be great.
thank you in advance.
JM

jmmonsonego@gmail.com

Old 03-30-2015, 07:53 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
I would love to have a copy as well please!
Paul

pwc6t3@gmail.com

Old 04-26-2015, 12:15 PM
rsm1thy is on a distinguished road
PDF Download

Hi mate, I have just bought a Bentley Flying Spur and wondered if I may have a copy of the compatible parts document you compiled.

It's due to have a full service and there are a few issues that need sorting (some I will attempt to sort myself)

Cheers,

Rob

Old 04-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Geo3 is on a distinguished road
PDF file is currently over 8Mb.

Please email me directly at gmacgruer@sympatico.ca for a copy.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:18 PM
jim@lotusauto is on a distinguished road
06 Flying Spur

Unfortunately I don't have any DIY info to post YET. I replaced the starter battery in my car and now it won't crank at all. Everything lights up like it should now, the old battery was really weak when I changed it. Is there some kind of relearn process for the key or immobilization feature? Any help is greatly appreciated, my nearest dealer is 4 hours away.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:47 AM
PMS
Did you try the emergency start procedure? i.e. turning the key to the left until you hear a click. This will allow you to use the house battery for starting.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread