Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Best tire for CGT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JJV104
I know Yokohama makes excellent tires, but no manufacturer has the best tire for every application. Michelin does well with touring tires. For the track I run Pireilli or Continental racing slicks. Not a fan of Hoosiers. Just what works for me.
Never tried Hoosiers. Are they worthy?

Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 AM
JJV104 is on a distinguished road
They are DOT rated track tires and don't have as much grip as the slicks. They are also known for a low number of heat cycles before they get hard and slippery.

Right now I'm buying gently used Rolex Series tires for $100 each. Love them.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Forgot this point. They're Continentals made by Hoosier. Go figure.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Forgot this point. They're Continentals made by Hoosier. Go figure.
Strange. But 100 bucks a pop sounds like a great deal. Dot approved also. Humm,

Old 10-23-2012, 09:57 AM
They are DOT rated track tires and don't have as much grip as the slicks. They are also known for a low number of heat cycles before they get hard and slippery.

Right now I'm buying gently used Rolex Series tires for $100 each. Love them.
Hypothetically speaking. Lets just say I have an 850hp Bentley GT weighing in at curb weight around 4500 to 4700 lbs. I want to drag her on the quarter, the half, the mile and full top end. What would you recommend?

Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
A man needs four GTs with different tires then he can decide which car to drive for the hour.

Well since I can't do that I'll just have to cut the middle and live with it. Either way new tires are better than worn ones.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
A man needs four GTs with different tires then he can decide which car to drive for the hour.

Well since I can't do that I'll just have to cut the middle and live with it. Either way new tires are better than worn ones.
I hate to tell you Doc, but I think you and Steven are going to be in the ****pit of my Little Black Dragon. Maybe break a few Bentley drag records. the reason is that I hate tiptronic. I am a manual kinda guy, unless the tiptronic is on the front of the steering wheel itself. Those paddles I never enjoyed.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Hypothetically speaking. Lets just say I have an 850hp Bentley GT weighing in at curb weight around 4500 to 4700 lbs. I want to drag her on the quarter, the half, the mile and full top end. What would you recommend?

That you say your prayers that nothing breaks.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
That you say your prayers that nothing breaks.
I think he just dares to tear stuff up.

Well Wedgeduck I may not have the deep pockets to keep up with ya but I'd love to and I respect your *****-out approach to bentley ownership.

I can hear Ken just shaking his head and groaning.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Oh for sure she can do that. I did the math already. The only scary part is the top end. I need to get her to the Salt Flats for that. I need at least a five mile stretch. But 150 and 160 mph I have done at 650hp and really you don't feel a darn bit afraid. She is that smooth. And of course she will be inspected from the grounds up before we run her. This is getting me a little excited. I going to start her up and go for a spin. c u boys in a few. Ken is probably saying" darn those Americans, they were supposed to tour her and treat her like a lady. Now she just a very expensive hussie with a bad attitude"

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 10-23-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Agreed. If I didn't have so much money in my E92 M3 track rat, I'd consider converting the CGT into a GT3 series track beast like Bentley just announced. Then again, my dear wife might have other thoughts. She already thinks I'm crazy. No sense proving it.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Agreed. If I didn't have so much money in my E92 M3 track rat, I'd consider converting the CGT into a GT3 series track beast like Bentley just announced. Then again, my dear wife might have other thoughts. She already thinks I'm crazy. No sense proving it.
If the wife thinks your crazy then that proves you are a real man. I'd be more worried about you if she agreed with all the time.

BTW Duck 150 with the top down is no big deal stock. I'm doing 120 nearly every time I'm in the car.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 10-23-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
If the wife thinks your crazy then that proves you are a real man. I'd be more worried about you if she agreed with all the time.

BTW Duck 150 with the top down is no big deal stock. I'm doing 120 nearly every time I'm in the car.
Doc, i know you are a demon. Kinda scares me. They don't know the Hide side yet. Let me try my big brother. I know, you know, Grwisher and the rest of the boys on the 6 know. Cf out and fast. Give me one chance. This is not for profit. For the thrill of it all. Money does not count here. Money I can earn. To prove a point, I will spend a lot.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM
my nephews run some very fast 3s and 1s. Trust me, those toys are super fun and scary. We have a 2013 BMW M5 in our toy shop. I didn't know they run 135g. Bentley has a Gt3. This platform will be so interesting to watch. We know the boys from MFest. Some of those toys are simply amazingly fast. It's our turn.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Have a lot high performance tires that came to our warehouse. Don't even know if I want to to test them now. Long day for me Doc, I don't give up my integrity for a dollar.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best tire for CGT