Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Best tire for CGT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:58 AM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
Best tire for CGT

im looking the best tire for CGT 275/40R19.all season.which brand you guy recommend?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
For a car that heavy I would do Pilot Sport AS+. They stay stable under bigger, higher HP cars and don't wander much. Pirelli P-Zero Nero AS is a close second for the same reasons. It's dry traction is not quite up to the Michelin, but still pretty good. Do not be tempted to buy Continental DWS for this car. It's too heavy and you'll wear right through them.

Call me if I can help or you can order here!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 10-07-2011, 11:06 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Tire Rack is always right!

Old 10-08-2011, 12:00 AM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
how about Michelin Pilot Primacy ?

Old 01-31-2012, 10:17 PM
joekimdds is on a distinguished road
my bentley mechanic recommended sumitomo...inexpensive, quiet, soft, smooth ride, and tread wears evenly....love them...think he charged me $170/tire

Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ccwboy
im looking the best tire for CGT 275/40R19.all season.which brand you guy recommend?
Good to see from you again. So have been doing lots of miles or sliding around every corner you come to?

I have been a little hard on my tires and will need some before long please let me know what you get and how they do for you.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Thread bump, I'm about ready to do four tires and seeking information about them.

I have not been unhappy with the oem tires(P Zero Rosso) but is the B tire made for the Bentley any real difference than the non B tire? What is the advantage to the Pilot sport AS+?

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 09-18-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Look into Nittos.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Look into Nittos.
Motivos? Why these?

I do appreciate good tread life but performance is supreme. I am used to the OEM Pirellis and would hate to go off road with a tire that did not grip as well as the originals. Money saved on tires would not equal the cost of a crash and repaint.

Ride comfort and road noise are secondary because most of the time i am not sport driving and like a luxury experience.

Tread wear that will go 20K is satisfactory.

I saw the Michelin Pilot Sport AS+ recommended above why not the Pilot Super Sport?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Motivos? Why these?

I do appreciate good tread life but performance is supreme. I am used to the OEM Pirellis and would hate to go off road with a tire that did not grip as well as the originals. Money saved on tires would not equal the cost of a crash and repaint.

Ride comfort and road noise are secondary because most of the time i am not sport driving and like a luxury experience.

Tread wear that will go 20K is satisfactory.

I saw the Michelin Pilot Sport AS+ recommended above why not the Pilot Super Sport?
I have ran Pirelis on OEM 19 inch. I ran them on 22s also. I ran the Nittos on 22s and they seemed to have better wear and traction. Maybe it's just me. Haven't try the Michelins yet. Got Michelins Pilots on my BMW and they ran just fine. I guess it comes down to performance and individual driving habits.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM
I am going to talk the guys at Tire Rack about the matter but I do not think they carry the Nittos?

Old 09-19-2012, 02:24 PM
For tuned out Bentleys like ours. Probably Nittos. All around performance, possibly Pirelis.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
For tuned out Bentleys like ours. Probably Nittos. All around performance, possibly Pirelis.
My car can go into a corner pretty hard and come out violently. Four wheel slide.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
My car can go into a corner pretty hard and come out violently. Four wheel slide.
Doc, I am not as brave as you on those corners unless I beef up my suspension I am thinking a nice 20" wheel and tire set up for me would be perfect. 22s are for showing off plus they waste a lot of gas.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I have 20's and they provide a good ride/cosmetic balance. With the suspension set on sport II the ride is very flat with very little body roll so I think the stock suspension is up to the job. Actually it takes a lot of aggression to get the wheels to even slide a little. This darn thing really sticks like glue. It is easier to get tires noise from understeer on turn in than powering up off. Any elevation changes in the corners will multiply the tendency to break loose or dig in. Gotta love going into an uphill turn with good banking. WAO!

We a talking tight twists mostly in second gear pulling to the redline and then back down hard on the brakes for the next one. The tranny may shift up to third and I hate that because I have to reach for the pedal shifter to get second again. If redline is achieved in third the tires better not be sliding because your doing 90 mph.

Tires are for wearing out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best tire for CGT