Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Jack Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 PM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
Jack Mode

Do you guy know about the Jack mode.what this for?

Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
It is for things such as if you jack up the car for servicing such as oil change, tire change, etc.

To enter jack mode, on the center just behind the shifter press and hold the shock and ride height buttons until you see the Jack Mode light up on the center screen behind the steering wheel.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:08 PM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
It is for things such as if you jack up the car for servicing such as oil change, tire change, etc.

To enter jack mode, on the center just behind the shifter press and hold the shock and ride height buttons until you see the Jack Mode light up on the center screen behind the steering wheel.
i see.this is really great function..anyway have anymore special mode of the button??

Old 12-01-2011, 03:51 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ccwboy
i see.this is really great function..anyway have anymore special mode of the button??
Yes, if you press and hold both rear wing up and down buttons the passenger seat ejects. This is great for when you have annoying passengers, especially those who feel they always need to give you directions on how to drive a car.

PS: Of course the above is humor, yet it would make for a good feature/option

Old 12-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
When I first read about this mode in the manual it made me afraid of the car. I thought well crap this thing is so touchy that you have to jack it up special. Not one week into ownership the low tire warning went off and then indicated flat, scared me to death. In any other vehicle I would just be annoyed. I aired it up and made it home. Had it plugged the next day and I'm good since.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
your name must be Ja ck for it to work

Old 09-26-2013, 02:33 AM
Mlee2623 is on a distinguished road
Does the truck had to be on? (Like completely started up)

Old 09-26-2013, 04:42 AM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
Aparently, if you jack the car without locking the suspension it can / will damage the air suspension struts.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Digger11 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by V12Vantage
Aparently, if you jack the car without locking the suspension it can / will damage the air suspension struts.
I had an independent mechanic replace a front bushing in the suspension and then 3 weeks later a front air shock sprung a leak. Not sure if coincidental or not. Doubt the independent used jack mode.
Ended up using dealer to replace air shock as just dont trust independent now

Old 09-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Digger11
I had an independent mechanic replace a front bushing in the suspension and then 3 weeks later a front air shock sprung a leak. Not sure if coincidental or not. Doubt the independent used jack mode.
Ended up using dealer to replace air shock as just dont trust independent now
I had the same fear when getting new tires at a local tire shop. I went to great lengths to make sure they had to properly jack the car up. I left the manuel on the seat open to the correct page after going over it with the manger.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:09 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
I always put car in jack mode when getting tire repairs. Don't know about you guys but already had two repairs for embedded nails.

J

Old 10-01-2013, 08:33 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
I used the jacking mode when changing my brake discs and pads recently.
Best to be safe.

Les.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:39 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
i always set the jack mode up before handling my car over.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Mlee2623 is on a distinguished road
So jack mode in a CTT 05 comes up as regulation switch OFF? Also does the car have to be started up or key just turned to the right in the ignition?

Old 10-03-2013, 03:33 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mlee2623
So jack mode in a CTT 05 comes up as regulation switch OFF? Also does the car have to be started up or key just turned to the right in the ignition?

I usually start up the car, put it into the jackmode, and shut off the engine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Jack Mode