Notices
Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Garage Door Programming help! Continental GT

Old 04-10-2014, 04:46 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, for left-hand drive it is inside the car's passenger side just above the far right section of the dashboard. I find it is easier to sit in the passenger seat and then go through the programming operations.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-10-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:59 PM
rojolo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Yes, for left-hand drive it is inside the car's passenger side just above the far right section of the dashboard. I find it is easier to sit in the passenger seat and then go through the programming operations.
Ditto - I couldn't reach far enough to the right while sitting in the driver's seat.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:30 PM
eric777 is on a distinguished road
Angry

This thread has helped me in the past, and I've been able to get homelink working on my GT for our garage door. But it looks like I am back at square one.

We just moved to a new house, and after successfully programming our Toyota and Mercedes (both easy and by the book) , I have not been able to get my Bentley to accept our Liftmaster Security+ garage door opener. I have followed the details of this thread to the T, but to no avail.

Here's where things fail - I clear all previous codes by pressing the #1 and #3 buttons, and get a confirmation fast blink. Then I pres the #1 button, along with our new garage door remote button, and it only changes from the slow blink to no light at all - no fast blinking as it should show. I have held the remote in the center of the dash (above the analog clock), and progressively further right but no location gets me the fast blinking.

Any ideas on why I can't get Homelink to work?

Old 06-23-2014, 06:41 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
When programming, you need to hold your garage door opener's remote at the far right corner of the dash.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:44 AM
eric777 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your feedback......I just tried moving the remote to the the far right, and nothing happened, but something did happen as I flailed my arms in failure.

My remote code was "learned" when, with frustration, I waved the remote on the left side of the dash, nearly dead ahead of the steering wheel. I even was able to repeat this a second time.....so it looks like for my car, the sensor is somewhere between the center of the dash and the LEFT side of the car.

I can happily now open our garage doors - thanks!

Old 01-12-2016, 07:50 AM
TridentGT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Programming Garage doors

This was kicking my ***. The Manual gets you almost there but your comments below really helped.

If you are losing the fight. Try this.
key in ignition, turn one click clockwise but do not start engine
Clear old code by holding 1 & 3 buttons for 20-30 seconds (until it flashes fast)
then sit in the passenger seat.
Hold your garage door opener up by the bottom of the windsheild and press the button, hold the corresponding 'Homelink' button. This only takes a few seconds until it get the codes (you will see rapid flashing of the button). Continue if you need to do 2 & 3.

Then if you have rolling codes, press the LEARN button on the garage door motor housing, jump off the ladder sit in the car and repeatedly press button 2-3 times, until the garage door opens/closes. Repeat for each garage door.

Good Luck! Worked on my 06 Bentley GT.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Wow, thanks and I'm going to try this!

Old 01-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Bentley JCT is on a distinguished road
While pressing one of the garage door buttons, the garage door remote has to be held on the passenger side, lower windshield above the glove box. The programming sensor is actually in the dash. I struggled with this as well.

Old 01-20-2016, 03:59 PM
Gene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stevenrmusic View Post
Attached PDF is the procedure for a 2006 Bentley, it is probably the same sequence for a 2010. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I have had my 2009 Bentley and with your help I have finally been able to program the home link. I have tried several times before with no luck. This is the first time that I read to put the transmitter 2" away from the bottom right hand corner of the wind screen. I think the key here was 2"

Old 10-12-2017, 06:19 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
I'm late to the party here but hope someone may find this useful. Some of the newer rolling code openers (Liftmaster/Chamberlain/Sears for sure) - mine are 2014 models -
may not work with older versions of Homelink. My '98 Jag and '09 Continental GT are two examples. Homelink offers a "Compatibility Bridge" #855LM that will solve the problem for under $25 (see Amazon). One bridge will handle multiple doors and cars. The bridge plugs into an outlet in the garage, preferably one on the ceiling with the opener. The one button remote included with the bridge is used to program each button in the car. In the GT follow the instructions in the book and press & hold the remote against the raised trim piece near the right lower corner of the windscreen while pressing the button you wish to program. The slow flash will turn to rapid in less than 10 seconds. Next, climb a ladder and press the Learn button on the opener once and the light will be on steady. Get back in the car and press AND HOLD the programmed button till the opener lights flash, about 2 seconds. Press again and the door should close. Done!